Friday, January 1, 2010

Decade in Review:

2000: Moved to Nevada after 18 years of living in Central Florida to live with my Father & Step Mom. Graduated High School & started working a full time job at Sprint & also attended community college part time. Got my first credit card at Macy's. Met one of my best friends, ended my relationship with my high school boyfriend & started dating a co-worker. Went to Hawaii for the first time that April. Bought my first car a 1999 Jetta GTI {loved that car} Moved out on my own for the first time & learned how to pay my own bills & to budget
2001: Still worked for Sprint & stopped attending community college. The 9/11 attacks happened & I am stricken with heartache & sadness. I start having relationship problems & my depression sets in. Got my first fake ID & start parting with my older friends. Also traded in my Jetta for a 2001 Passatt.
2002: Quit Sprint in May & start working for Charter Communications. Trade my Passatt in for a 2001 GTI. I turn 21 & can now drink legally. Boyfriend & I move in together in July & 3 months later I call it quits for good. At this point very depressed & unsure of myself I start parting & I met a new guy in December.
2003: I quit Charter Communications after moving to California to live with new boyfriend. Start working for BPO Tracker  & so happy I found a job I love. In June I leave I leave boyfriend. I decided that I want to move back to Florida to be with my sister & her new daughter. I move to FL in July & met my new nice, who was born June 17th 2003. Run into my ex boyfriend, we start dating. I rent a house from my Mom & Poppy.
2004: I start working for Cingular Wireless in January. Decided that I don't want a boyfriend & I break up with then boyfriend. For the next 2 years I do not date anyone. One of my friends from Nevada visits me in Florida. I quit Cingular & start selling Timeshare for the summer. Then after summer I start working as cosmetics manager & I find what I love to do. Then 4 hurricans hit FL, setting me back money wise so I decide it is time for me to move back to Nevada.
2005: I get my old job back at BPO Tracker which is now Clear Capital. Move in with Lorri & her roommate. Also decided to take up a part time job at Home Depot at night. My sister gets hitched in April. I start working as much overtime as possible at Clear Capital & quit Home Depot. Start parting a lot in Lake Tahoe with Lorri & realizing I am on a path of destruction. I take a visit to see one of my friends in Oregon in July. Fall in love with Oregon & decided to move there in September & start attending the Art Institute of Portland.
2006: After a month of going to the Art Institute I quit due to finances & start working for AIU in January. Was introduced to my roommates friend & we started dating in February. Was laid off from AIU in April & go on unemployment for the next 6 months. I start to realize that my boyfriend is major alcholic & friendships start to fall apart. Trade in my GTI for a 2005 Honda Accord. My nephew is Born July 26th & I am sad that I am not there to meet him. (it was a year & 1/2 before I actually did) Start working for Capital Credit & Collections in September. I learn that not everyone is who they claim to be & that I am better off without certain people in my life this year. In October I get diagnosed with a serious health condition have surgery & am told that I may not be able to carry a child & that conceiving may be a challenge for me as well which leaves me scared & very sad. I met my OC family {some who are now my best of friends}
2007: In February I quit my job at Capital Credit to move back to Nevada only to change my mind & stay in Oregon in & find a new job at GolfNow.com. My grandfather Herb passes away & I am crushed. I cut my leg open in a parking lot which has now left a huge scare all the way down my leg in April. Boyfriend & I visit Seattle for my 26th birthday & I realize that our relationship is over. My friend & I move in together. Pick up a second job at Old Chicago at night. Ilana introduces me to my future husband the man who swept me off my feet & I am so glad she did in August. He chases me all over but I am unsure about him & about starting something serious. Labor Day weekend I cut my foot open on glass at the river & refuse to go to the hospital. My foot gets infected & I have to take 3 weeks off from Old Chicago & go to painful foot treatments weekly. Thanksgiving I spend with my roommate & her family & realize I am ready to settle down. Call Stephen & confess my feelings. Stephen & I are officially a couple in December & I spend Christmas with his family in Bend.
2008: January 24th we find out we are pregnant & Stephen proposes. I again learn who my real friends are & struggle with having to let certain people out of my life. Start planing my wedding & I pick out my wedding party. Due to being very sick while pregnant I am told if I don't eat more I will have to be hospitalized in March. Trade in the Honda for My 2007 Ford Edge best car ever! On April 24th my Great Grandma passes away & on the same day my cousin gives birth to her first baby. On May 10th I became a Mrs. & I quit my job to be a stay at home wife & Mom. On May 19th we find out we are having a Girl & my Granny passes away on the 26th. Attend my first DTC Managers & Wives outing in Sunriver & went to Hawaii in June . September I attend my first DTC Company Party & 6 days later my water breaks, two weeks before my due date. Labor goes smoothly & on Septmeber 19th 2008 at 2:23 AM I am now a Mommy!! We welcome our little miracle into our lives one of the happiest days of my life!!
2009: In February we bring Shiloh on her first plan ride to Florida to meet the rest of my family. In March Stephen decides to take a store in Washington so we put our house on the market & move within two weeks. I have to say bye to my best friends in Oregon & head for a new beginning with Shiloh & Stephen in Seattle. In April we decided that we want to start trying for baby #2 & that having two dogs in an apartment with an infant is too much for us so we say our goodbyes to our puppies :-(. In May we celebrate our first Wedding Anniversary & my first Mothers Day. My niece is born on May 26th & I find out that I have to have surgery again. In June we attend another DTC event this time in Idaho, Stephen has his first Fathers Day & we find out my sister in law is expecting. In August I have surgery & we take a family trip to San Antonio where my sister in law gets married & Shiloh & I are introduced to the rest of Stephen's family. Shiloh's first birthday was celebrated in September & then in October after months of trying for baby #2 I am diagnosed with PCOS & Shiloh has her first ER visit. For Thanksgiving my dad & step mom visit as well as Stephen's uncle & cousin. In December My mother in laws father passes away & on Christmas & her birthday my sister in law gets engaged.

This decade taught me so much about love, friendship, life, excepting, the circle of life, depression, illness, marriage, life in general, motherhood & family. I had a lot of struggles but also a lot of great memories & I wouldn't change a thing. My life path has led me to exactly where I want to be & I couldn't be happier. I Thank God for giving me the strength to make it through all of my ups & downs & for guiding me & standing by me along the way. My life is all I could have ever dreamed it to be & more. I can't wait to see what this next decade will bring for me & my loved ones.
Happy 2010 to all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting & leaving me your thoughts

xo Melissa

Labels

Shiloh (91) Pictures (85) Babbling (75) Baby #2 (56) Gabriella (39) Family Life (29) Wordless Wednesday (29) Video (25) 30 Day's of Truth (23) Baby #3 (22) Top 2 Tuesday (20) Flashback Friday (18) Family Fun Days (15) Not Me Monday (14) photography (14) Holiday's (12) SOOC (11) Birthday/Anniversary (10) Blog (10) Decor Ideas (9) A Picture To Remember (8) Life (8) Medical Issues (8) Friday Fives (6) Hair (6) I Heart Thursday's (6) New Years Resolution 2011 (6) Stores I love (6) Crafty Ideas (5) Decor (5) Food (5) Post-It-Note-Tuesday (5) Stream of Consciousness (5) Weight Loss (5) Loss (4) 365 Project (3) Church (3) Domestic Violence (3) Emma (3) Family Photo's (3) Not My Child Monday (3) Organization (3) QOTD (3) Stories of lost loved ones (3) Wish List (3) "OH MOM" Monday (2) ACTS Retreat (2) About (2) About Me (2) Goals (2) My Story (2) New Features and Updates (2) Photo Challenge (2) Prayers for this Blog Family (2) Religious (2) Sandra Kay (2) Schedules (2) cleaning (2) 30 Photos (1) 8 years (1) Baking (1) Before Photo's (1) Blog Awards (1) Blogging about other Blogs (1) Budgeting (1) Chemicals (1) Cookies (1) Day Off (1) Donate (1) Easy Meals (1) Epilepsy (1) Facebook Mama's Group (1) Faith (1) Friday Photo Challenge (1) Friends (1) Friendship (1) Gifts (1) Giving (1) Healthy Eating (1) Homemade (1) I am back (1) Meal Ideas (1) Meals (1) Minivan (1) Money (1) Motivation (1) My Job (1) New Friendships (1) Paper Mama Photo Challenge (1) Pinterest (1) Prayers (1) Pregnancy Progress (1) Reason (1) Recipes (1) Relgion (1) Scentsy Independent Consutlant (1) Shopping (1) Show Us Your Life (1) Sleep (1) Tags (1) The Walking Dead (1) Throw Back Thursday (1) To-The-Top (1) Toxins (1) Vegan (1) Vegetarian (1) Weigh in (1) What I'm Loving Wednesday (1) Workout (1) Your Health (1) after photo's (1) blogging again (1) dehydrator (1) healthy snacks food (1) kids (1) love (1) marriage (1) norwex (1) readers (1) self help tools (1) shakeology (1) snacks (1) stats (1) strawberries (1)