Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Girls Day Out

So yesterday my mother in law & I left Shiloh with Daddy bear & had a day of girl time. You know I can honestly say that I truly needed this. I can't remember the last time I was Shiloh free for a day of girl time.. I love my daughter so don't take this the wrong way but I hardly take time away for myself. So my mother in law called last week & said she would like to spend a day with me which was nice to hear because it has been awhile since we have spent time together one on one. So she picked me up yesterday at 11am & we first started out with lunch at Coho's. We had a glass of wine {which made me feel a little funny since I hardly drink} ate some scrumptious food & had great adult conversation. Then after lunch we did some browsing at Ross {where I found the perfect chair for our new room at our new place} then we headed over to get pedicures. I tell you I love being pampered & I haven't had a pedi since August so I was so in need of it. I have to say it was so nice to have this time with her to talk about things & to laugh together. I feel so lucky to have such a wonderful mother in law & I honestly enjoy her company. We have had a lot going on lately & for a few months now we have been a little distant & butting heads so this exactly what I needed. I need to do this more & not just with my mother in law but with my sister in laws & friends too I need to make more time for me outside of my mommyland/wifeworld.. I think it helps keep me sane LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting & leaving me your thoughts

xo Melissa

Labels

Shiloh (91) Pictures (85) Babbling (75) Baby #2 (56) Gabriella (39) Family Life (29) Wordless Wednesday (29) Video (25) 30 Day's of Truth (23) Baby #3 (22) Top 2 Tuesday (20) Flashback Friday (18) Family Fun Days (15) Not Me Monday (14) photography (14) Holiday's (12) SOOC (11) Birthday/Anniversary (10) Blog (10) Decor Ideas (9) A Picture To Remember (8) Life (8) Medical Issues (8) Friday Fives (6) Hair (6) I Heart Thursday's (6) New Years Resolution 2011 (6) Stores I love (6) Crafty Ideas (5) Decor (5) Food (5) Post-It-Note-Tuesday (5) Stream of Consciousness (5) Weight Loss (5) Loss (4) 365 Project (3) Church (3) Domestic Violence (3) Emma (3) Family Photo's (3) Not My Child Monday (3) Organization (3) QOTD (3) Stories of lost loved ones (3) Wish List (3) "OH MOM" Monday (2) ACTS Retreat (2) About (2) About Me (2) Goals (2) My Story (2) New Features and Updates (2) Photo Challenge (2) Prayers for this Blog Family (2) Religious (2) Sandra Kay (2) Schedules (2) cleaning (2) 30 Photos (1) 8 years (1) Baking (1) Before Photo's (1) Blog Awards (1) Blogging about other Blogs (1) Budgeting (1) Chemicals (1) Cookies (1) Day Off (1) Donate (1) Easy Meals (1) Epilepsy (1) Facebook Mama's Group (1) Faith (1) Friday Photo Challenge (1) Friends (1) Friendship (1) Gifts (1) Giving (1) Healthy Eating (1) Homemade (1) I am back (1) Meal Ideas (1) Meals (1) Minivan (1) Money (1) Motivation (1) My Job (1) New Friendships (1) Paper Mama Photo Challenge (1) Pinterest (1) Prayers (1) Pregnancy Progress (1) Reason (1) Recipes (1) Relgion (1) Scentsy Independent Consutlant (1) Shopping (1) Show Us Your Life (1) Sleep (1) Tags (1) The Walking Dead (1) Throw Back Thursday (1) To-The-Top (1) Toxins (1) Vegan (1) Vegetarian (1) Weigh in (1) What I'm Loving Wednesday (1) Workout (1) Your Health (1) after photo's (1) blogging again (1) dehydrator (1) healthy snacks food (1) kids (1) love (1) marriage (1) norwex (1) readers (1) self help tools (1) shakeology (1) snacks (1) stats (1) strawberries (1)