Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Love what you do & do what you love

So for a long long time now I have wanted to get back into the beauty field. I love all things beauty: Make-up, facial's, hair, fashion.. you name it.. I love it! I have been looking into all avenues of how to get into the field & start a career but still maintain my home life & spend my days with my girl.

One of my friends who I used to work with back in Reno & I used to watch her daughter works for Mary Kay. I was noticing a lot of positive post & comments on her FB page so me of course wanted to know more. I have always wanted to work for Mary Kay I just thought the start up cost were going to be tremendous.. well I was wrong. So I told my friend I wanted to know more. So we chatted on the phone she told me all the amazing things starting your own business has to offer & how wonderful of a company it was & I was sold. So I told the hubby {okay asked} that I was going to sign up & get this thing started. He was excited for me as he always is.. I love the support he gives.

So if you know me you know that I love make-up.. & that I have been thinking of going to school to be an esthetician.. well my dream of making others feel as beautiful as they are is over.. I am officially an Independent Mary Kay Consultant & I couldn't be more excited.

I just signed up yesterday & today I am going to have my orientation & I can't wait to learn more. I feel so excited right now to be doing something that I have wanted to do for so long & that its my own business.. meaning my schedule, my own clients & how I want to run things & that is just awesome because as most people know I love to be in charge :-)

I am so excited for this new chapter in my life to begin & to start meeting some amazing women & doing something I passionate about. Like the saying goes.. "Love what you do & do what you love" & that is for sure what I am doing :-)

Once I get everything rolling I will let you all know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting & leaving me your thoughts

xo Melissa

Labels

Shiloh (91) Pictures (85) Babbling (75) Baby #2 (56) Gabriella (39) Family Life (29) Wordless Wednesday (29) Video (25) 30 Day's of Truth (23) Baby #3 (22) Top 2 Tuesday (20) Flashback Friday (18) Family Fun Days (15) Not Me Monday (14) photography (14) Holiday's (12) SOOC (11) Birthday/Anniversary (10) Blog (10) Decor Ideas (9) A Picture To Remember (8) Life (8) Medical Issues (8) Friday Fives (6) Hair (6) I Heart Thursday's (6) New Years Resolution 2011 (6) Stores I love (6) Crafty Ideas (5) Decor (5) Food (5) Post-It-Note-Tuesday (5) Stream of Consciousness (5) Weight Loss (5) Loss (4) 365 Project (3) Church (3) Domestic Violence (3) Emma (3) Family Photo's (3) Not My Child Monday (3) Organization (3) QOTD (3) Stories of lost loved ones (3) Wish List (3) "OH MOM" Monday (2) ACTS Retreat (2) About (2) About Me (2) Goals (2) My Story (2) New Features and Updates (2) Photo Challenge (2) Prayers for this Blog Family (2) Religious (2) Sandra Kay (2) Schedules (2) cleaning (2) 30 Photos (1) 8 years (1) Baking (1) Before Photo's (1) Blog Awards (1) Blogging about other Blogs (1) Budgeting (1) Chemicals (1) Cookies (1) Day Off (1) Donate (1) Easy Meals (1) Epilepsy (1) Facebook Mama's Group (1) Faith (1) Friday Photo Challenge (1) Friends (1) Friendship (1) Gifts (1) Giving (1) Healthy Eating (1) Homemade (1) I am back (1) Meal Ideas (1) Meals (1) Minivan (1) Money (1) Motivation (1) My Job (1) New Friendships (1) Paper Mama Photo Challenge (1) Pinterest (1) Prayers (1) Pregnancy Progress (1) Reason (1) Recipes (1) Relgion (1) Scentsy Independent Consutlant (1) Shopping (1) Show Us Your Life (1) Sleep (1) Tags (1) The Walking Dead (1) Throw Back Thursday (1) To-The-Top (1) Toxins (1) Vegan (1) Vegetarian (1) Weigh in (1) What I'm Loving Wednesday (1) Workout (1) Your Health (1) after photo's (1) blogging again (1) dehydrator (1) healthy snacks food (1) kids (1) love (1) marriage (1) norwex (1) readers (1) self help tools (1) shakeology (1) snacks (1) stats (1) strawberries (1)