Sunday, April 11, 2010

She Will ALWAYs Be My Baby Girl

So since shiloh was born we have had the hardest time getting her to sleep in a bassinet, crib & playpen. It's been a back & forth battle that has put a lot of strain on us. Shiloh will cry at night in her crib.. sometimes I let her cry for an hour sometimes a little less. Other times she falls asleep after crying so long but only for a few hours & then wakes up screaming.. so into our bed she goes. I have tried EVERYTHING!! I have let her fall asleep on the couch with us then we put her in her bed & then she will wake up almost always in the middle of the night crying again. We have tried letting her just cry & cry & cry & it just never stops so what do we end up doing.. bringing her in our bed. Some nights we are lucky & we get a full nights sleep & our beds to ourselves but not always like it should be. I can't remember the last night I had a good nights sleep.. or my back didn't hurt from only getting a smidge of the bed because Shiloh has decided to sleep horizontal in the bed. I can't remember having a week where I didn't wake up to a foot in my face.. kick in the ribs.. or her head butting me. The bigger she gets the worse it is. Don't get me wrong I love snuggling my baby.. I love that she hates being away from us.. but I also love sleep & to be comfortable while I sleep.

So we have gone back and forth since she turned a year old about converting her to a bed.. the questions that we have been replaying are like a broken record: "Is she too young still" "Should we just fight it a little longer" "We need to be stronger about not getting her" "Do we get her a toddler bed, convert her crib or just get her a twin bed" "Are we bad parents because we can't get her to sleep in her bed" "Do we spoil her" "If we get her a bed then this means she isn't a baby anymore doesn't it" so now not only have I been loosing sleep because sharing the bed or being woken up to her crying but now I have been having anxiety that keeps me up late & questions & thoughts replaying in my head.

So we finally decided it was time. Time for Shiloh to have a big girl bed.. we have been looking at different ideas for the last few months & today we went & looked again & had her test them out & she was quite the trooper. I must say if she had it completely her way she would get a bunk bed because she loved those for sure.. but they scare me & I don't want a bed that big in my baby girls room. We thought about a twin bed but they were all so high she would have a heck of a time getting in & out. We really were going to get her a daybed with a trundle bed so when she had sleep overs with Olivia or her cousin or for days I had B at our house there would be an extra bed.. but it just seemed like a big bed for her & it was pretty expensive because I wanted the wood one of course. In the end we ended up getting her a simple cute toddler bed from Target. It was inexpensive & we ended up finding some really cute bedding to go with it.

Once Stephen was done putting it together we let Shiloh in to see what she thought & this was her reaction:


So a new milestone has started. Shiloh is no longer a baby.. she is officially a toddler in her sweet toddler bed with her sweet self. Lets cross our fingers she will now sleep in her room in her bed & allow us to have a our bed to ourselves now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting & leaving me your thoughts

xo Melissa

Labels

Shiloh (91) Pictures (85) Babbling (75) Baby #2 (56) Gabriella (39) Family Life (29) Wordless Wednesday (29) Video (25) 30 Day's of Truth (23) Baby #3 (22) Top 2 Tuesday (20) Flashback Friday (18) Family Fun Days (15) Not Me Monday (14) photography (14) Holiday's (12) SOOC (11) Birthday/Anniversary (10) Blog (10) Decor Ideas (9) A Picture To Remember (8) Life (8) Medical Issues (8) Friday Fives (6) Hair (6) I Heart Thursday's (6) New Years Resolution 2011 (6) Stores I love (6) Crafty Ideas (5) Decor (5) Food (5) Post-It-Note-Tuesday (5) Stream of Consciousness (5) Weight Loss (5) Loss (4) 365 Project (3) Church (3) Domestic Violence (3) Emma (3) Family Photo's (3) Not My Child Monday (3) Organization (3) QOTD (3) Stories of lost loved ones (3) Wish List (3) "OH MOM" Monday (2) ACTS Retreat (2) About (2) About Me (2) Goals (2) My Story (2) New Features and Updates (2) Photo Challenge (2) Prayers for this Blog Family (2) Religious (2) Sandra Kay (2) Schedules (2) cleaning (2) 30 Photos (1) 8 years (1) Baking (1) Before Photo's (1) Blog Awards (1) Blogging about other Blogs (1) Budgeting (1) Chemicals (1) Cookies (1) Day Off (1) Donate (1) Easy Meals (1) Epilepsy (1) Facebook Mama's Group (1) Faith (1) Friday Photo Challenge (1) Friends (1) Friendship (1) Gifts (1) Giving (1) Healthy Eating (1) Homemade (1) I am back (1) Meal Ideas (1) Meals (1) Minivan (1) Money (1) Motivation (1) My Job (1) New Friendships (1) Paper Mama Photo Challenge (1) Pinterest (1) Prayers (1) Pregnancy Progress (1) Reason (1) Recipes (1) Relgion (1) Scentsy Independent Consutlant (1) Shopping (1) Show Us Your Life (1) Sleep (1) Tags (1) The Walking Dead (1) Throw Back Thursday (1) To-The-Top (1) Toxins (1) Vegan (1) Vegetarian (1) Weigh in (1) What I'm Loving Wednesday (1) Workout (1) Your Health (1) after photo's (1) blogging again (1) dehydrator (1) healthy snacks food (1) kids (1) love (1) marriage (1) norwex (1) readers (1) self help tools (1) shakeology (1) snacks (1) stats (1) strawberries (1)