Thursday, June 17, 2010

Relaxing Turned Nightmare

So this past weekend we took our yearly trip to Idaho for the Manager's & Wives outing that Discount Tire has for us. From the start I had issues. With the rental car they needed a major credit card.. well we don't have nor do we use major credit cards we pay cash or use our ATM cards. So that was a nightmare. Then we get to the resort & they need a major credit card again, now last year I did have one but this year I did not so again another nightmare but they finally agreed to copy my ATM card & hold it on file. So we are finally over the credit card drama & start enjoying our stay.

The first night I stayed up fairly late with everyone having a great time, my husband let loose & had quite a few drinks & well lets just say he was cheer leading for everyone. {Love You Babe} He only does this once a year & if Shiloh would have been with us he would never. It was a lot of fun watching him drink away.

Then the next day I woke feeling like I was the one drinking the night before & had the worst headache. Stephen left fairly early for Golfing so it was just me, myself & I. I had my breakfast delivered then off to my spa treatment I went. I decided to have a facial because I really enjoyed it the last time I had one when I was pregnant with Shiloh. Plus there were not a lot options for spa treatments being pregnant & the maternity message last time was not that great to me. I love getting facial's however it did make my headache worse for some reason. Once I was done I went back to the room for a nice quite nap.

That evening was the dinner boat & that too was a lot of fun. I am glad I was able to keep up with everyone. But once we docked I headed to bed because I started to get a stomach ache & was hit with exhaustion. Stephen stayed down in the lobby bar with everyone but stayed sober LOL.

Then one Tuesday we had a nice breakfast, watched While in Rome from our bed & then it was time to check out. We walked around the town {which is super cute by the way}. Then had lunch at Bonsai Sushi which was so yummy. Then we all headed to the airport.

Once we arrived & where checking in the clerk said we could get on an earlier flight which made me happy cause by this point I was missing my angle very much. So we get through baggage claim & I went to the store to get some ChapStick. I swear I never took my wallet out of my purse I just pulled cash out to pay. I start walking over to Stephen & notice my wallet is gone. I start to panic. It has EVERYTHING in it. So Stephen & I are frantic looking for it. The plane is boarding & they are calling us to board so I tell them what has happened & they said we had a few minutes. Then some lady comes up saying there was a black wallet in the ladies room. I run in & there it is. Everything inside. The thing that gets me is I never went in the ladies room so how the heck did it get in there? Also this all happened I swear with 5 to 10 minutes. I am still clueless! So after that stressful moment we board the plan & are on our way home.. mind you it was a little awkward on the plan because my eye's were bright red from crying so I am sure everyone was wondering what was wrong with the pregnant lady.. also I kept snapping at Stephen from all the stress.. oops.

So then we get to the in laws & I see my angel made all the madness from the day instantly went away & my heart was content. Then we arrived home & I went to balance our budget from the last few days to find that there were 2 charges on my account that were so not correct!!! The first one was for $304.99 a withdraw done in Las Vegas on Monday. Then another one for $303 another withdraw done in Vegas. I was freaking out once again. I call the bank to let them know that these charges are not correct & they tell me that they can't credit the charge until it has gone through the fraud department. Of course they have no remorse & are calm as can be while my heart is about to explode. Well I was and still am freaking out because that leaves us with ZERO money until tomorrow & even then we have bills to pay & some that are auto pay so we have no way of stopping them. We did however get a temp credit for one of them but I am still waiting on the other. I am so upset because we need our money & I just don't understand how this could have happened.

I have been reading a lot to find out how this could have happened because who ever was using my ATM card had not only the number but the PIN as well. My PIN is not one that anyone could guess so I am just blown away. I have read that there are people out there coping your card & PIN when you use your ATM at ATM's unassociated to your bank, gas stations & even convenience stores. This is just crazy to me. I mean how in the heck? I can't believe this is happening. So I have now decided we are paying cash for EVERYTHING!! Well until they can secure ATM cards better. I just refuse to go through this nightmare again.. it really is a nightmare.. one I don't need being pregnant.

So if I where you I would watch were you use your ATM cards & make sure you don't have your PIN or any bank info written down ANYWHERE!!

 Here are some pictures from our trip:

 View from our Balcony:
 Our Room:
 Getting ready for the dinner cruise:
A Few of the Girls:
My good friend Corina & I being well Corina & I LOL


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting & leaving me your thoughts

xo Melissa

Labels

Shiloh (91) Pictures (85) Babbling (75) Baby #2 (56) Gabriella (39) Family Life (29) Wordless Wednesday (29) Video (25) 30 Day's of Truth (23) Baby #3 (22) Top 2 Tuesday (20) Flashback Friday (18) Family Fun Days (15) Not Me Monday (14) photography (14) Holiday's (12) SOOC (11) Birthday/Anniversary (10) Blog (10) Decor Ideas (9) A Picture To Remember (8) Life (8) Medical Issues (8) Friday Fives (6) Hair (6) I Heart Thursday's (6) New Years Resolution 2011 (6) Stores I love (6) Crafty Ideas (5) Decor (5) Food (5) Post-It-Note-Tuesday (5) Stream of Consciousness (5) Weight Loss (5) Loss (4) 365 Project (3) Church (3) Domestic Violence (3) Emma (3) Family Photo's (3) Not My Child Monday (3) Organization (3) QOTD (3) Stories of lost loved ones (3) Wish List (3) "OH MOM" Monday (2) ACTS Retreat (2) About (2) About Me (2) Goals (2) My Story (2) New Features and Updates (2) Photo Challenge (2) Prayers for this Blog Family (2) Religious (2) Sandra Kay (2) Schedules (2) cleaning (2) 30 Photos (1) 8 years (1) Baking (1) Before Photo's (1) Blog Awards (1) Blogging about other Blogs (1) Budgeting (1) Chemicals (1) Cookies (1) Day Off (1) Donate (1) Easy Meals (1) Epilepsy (1) Facebook Mama's Group (1) Faith (1) Friday Photo Challenge (1) Friends (1) Friendship (1) Gifts (1) Giving (1) Healthy Eating (1) Homemade (1) I am back (1) Meal Ideas (1) Meals (1) Minivan (1) Money (1) Motivation (1) My Job (1) New Friendships (1) Paper Mama Photo Challenge (1) Pinterest (1) Prayers (1) Pregnancy Progress (1) Reason (1) Recipes (1) Relgion (1) Scentsy Independent Consutlant (1) Shopping (1) Show Us Your Life (1) Sleep (1) Tags (1) The Walking Dead (1) Throw Back Thursday (1) To-The-Top (1) Toxins (1) Vegan (1) Vegetarian (1) Weigh in (1) What I'm Loving Wednesday (1) Workout (1) Your Health (1) after photo's (1) blogging again (1) dehydrator (1) healthy snacks food (1) kids (1) love (1) marriage (1) norwex (1) readers (1) self help tools (1) shakeology (1) snacks (1) stats (1) strawberries (1)