Thursday, August 5, 2010

Baby @ 16 weeks

So I had my 16 week check up yesterday. It was a short but long visit. My appointment was at 11am and  didn't get called back until 11:45am.. so frustrating when you have things to do!!! Anyways, once I was back there we check the heart rate which again was hard to find but she says her doppler was broken so once she got a new one there it was.. strong & healthy at 161 beats per minute. We discussed my anxiety issues & she has put me on Zoloft for now to help with some of it. Most my anxiety is about leaving Shiloh at the end of the month to head to California for my dear friend Lorri's wedding. This will be my first trip solo without Shiloh or hubby since I have been married & have become a mommy. So its wearing on me a bit to leave her for 3 nights & 4 days.. that is the longest I have been apart from Shiloh. So I will start the medicine today & we shall see if it helps.. if not she said there is one anxiety medicine she can put me on but this anti depressant may work. {never thought I would be on anti depressants again but my mind is spinning with worry} Other then that they took the normal urine sample & I opted out for the downs & spina bifida testing. With Shiloh we decided either way we would still love & care for our baby no matter the challenge so why go through all the worry & stress of testing for it.. I am more of a deal with as it comes types of person. I am sure baby is fine & no matter what I have so much love for this baby already there is no way my heart could ever deny it. Once the visit was over I scheduled for our Ultra Sound for Sept. 2nd & for my next check up. The Ultra Sound is to measure the baby growth & it also means we can find out the sex. I can't wait.. I know most would say wait let it be a surprise but I am not  patient person & have so many ideas for a Boy or a Girl so waiting is not an option if they can determine it now LOL.

Other then that I am feeling well finally. I still have my days of dizziness & I am still on the iron pills {when I remember to take them} but I am able to eat most foods again finally. I am getting pretty big I measured my tummy and it is now 43 inches.. so I am sure I look more pregnant now then before :-)

Here is what the bean looks like at 16 weeks. Photo from I Am Pregnant
** DON'T FORGET TO PUT IN YOUR GUESS FOR THE BABY SEX ON MY POLL THAT IS ON THE FAR RIGHT HAND SIDE OF MY BLOG.. LETS SEE HOW MANY OF YOU ARE CORRECT IN YOUR GUESSES :-)**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting & leaving me your thoughts

xo Melissa

Labels

Shiloh (91) Pictures (85) Babbling (75) Baby #2 (56) Gabriella (39) Family Life (29) Wordless Wednesday (29) Video (25) 30 Day's of Truth (23) Baby #3 (22) Top 2 Tuesday (20) Flashback Friday (18) Family Fun Days (15) Not Me Monday (14) photography (14) Holiday's (12) SOOC (11) Birthday/Anniversary (10) Blog (10) Decor Ideas (9) A Picture To Remember (8) Life (8) Medical Issues (8) Friday Fives (6) Hair (6) I Heart Thursday's (6) New Years Resolution 2011 (6) Stores I love (6) Crafty Ideas (5) Decor (5) Food (5) Post-It-Note-Tuesday (5) Stream of Consciousness (5) Weight Loss (5) Loss (4) 365 Project (3) Church (3) Domestic Violence (3) Emma (3) Family Photo's (3) Not My Child Monday (3) Organization (3) QOTD (3) Stories of lost loved ones (3) Wish List (3) "OH MOM" Monday (2) ACTS Retreat (2) About (2) About Me (2) Goals (2) My Story (2) New Features and Updates (2) Photo Challenge (2) Prayers for this Blog Family (2) Religious (2) Sandra Kay (2) Schedules (2) cleaning (2) 30 Photos (1) 8 years (1) Baking (1) Before Photo's (1) Blog Awards (1) Blogging about other Blogs (1) Budgeting (1) Chemicals (1) Cookies (1) Day Off (1) Donate (1) Easy Meals (1) Epilepsy (1) Facebook Mama's Group (1) Faith (1) Friday Photo Challenge (1) Friends (1) Friendship (1) Gifts (1) Giving (1) Healthy Eating (1) Homemade (1) I am back (1) Meal Ideas (1) Meals (1) Minivan (1) Money (1) Motivation (1) My Job (1) New Friendships (1) Paper Mama Photo Challenge (1) Pinterest (1) Prayers (1) Pregnancy Progress (1) Reason (1) Recipes (1) Relgion (1) Scentsy Independent Consutlant (1) Shopping (1) Show Us Your Life (1) Sleep (1) Tags (1) The Walking Dead (1) Throw Back Thursday (1) To-The-Top (1) Toxins (1) Vegan (1) Vegetarian (1) Weigh in (1) What I'm Loving Wednesday (1) Workout (1) Your Health (1) after photo's (1) blogging again (1) dehydrator (1) healthy snacks food (1) kids (1) love (1) marriage (1) norwex (1) readers (1) self help tools (1) shakeology (1) snacks (1) stats (1) strawberries (1)