Thursday, September 9, 2010

Family Update

It's been awhile since I have updated everyone on what is going on with us so I figured I should :)

Lately we have been super busy in our house. From my parents visiting from Florida, to traveling over an hour to my in laws most weekends to escape the heat, attending two out of town weddings back to back {one being in California}, then this weekend is Stephen's yearly company party, then next week my grandparents are here from Florida visiting & then next weekend is Shiloh's 2nd Birthday so we are going to Great Wolf Lodge & then having everyone over on Sunday for cake & ice cream. Then in between all of this there are still the mommy duties that I have to keep up with.

Have you ever just wanted to freeze time while you are asleep just so you could wake up feeling so rested that you get all the things done that need to be done?? I have felt this way a lot lately.. I am so exhausted, physically, mentally & partly emotionally. I just have so much on my plate these days from planning trips, parties, cleaning, laundry, cooking, caring for not just a two year old but a 30 year old at times & not to mention caring for myself & baby Bean {Gabriella} that is growing in my belly. Sometimes I just want to throw in the towel & ask for help.. but I am too proud most of the time, so I hold my tongue.. but I feel like I am about to burst!

I just feel so overwhelmed right now.. I wish the cleaning fairies would visit on a daily basis, I wish dinner would make it's self & laundry would make its way into the washer then dryer & then proceed to fold & put its self away all on its own.. hey I can have wishful thinking right LOL I know that all this seems like stuff that a typical stay at mom should have no problem doing & normally I am totally okay with it all I just feel like Bean {Gabriella} is taking all my energy & making it extra hard for me to have any motivation at all.

I think I need a vacation!! A long vacation.. one where I have my family with me but extra hands to help me out & to wait on me instead of me waiting on everyone else. I can't wait till next year when we take our trip to Florida to see my family.. even though the travel part is horrible once I am there it will be so nice to see my mama, sissy & poppy & of course the rest of my family. I think I am just really missing them & I am really wishing we all lived closer.. its hard to be so isolated from family. Our closest family member is about an hour away.. & when you throw in Seattle traffic its even further. Its just hard to be that far from everyone.

On a positive note I have finished our registry for Gabriella & my baby shower. I just cut out the fun part in actually going to Target & Babies R Us & scanning everything & just did it online instead. So I am excited for my shower that my sister in law Laura is throwing me in October in Oregon. It's crazy that even though we have Shiloh & tons of stuff from her.. we still need more stuff LOL but we most certainly DO NOT need any girls clothes :)

Shiloh is going to be TWO on the 19th of this month.. crazy I know. I feel like I was just pregnant with her sick as can be but yet so excited for her arrival & now here I am two years later going through pregnancy all over with Gabriella & now Shiloh is two! I mean where did the time go? Shiloh is now talking in sentences, growing like a weed, independent, funny, amazingly beautiful & almost ready to potty train.. what happened to my little 5 pound 14 oz newborn?? Since we have had so much going on we decided that instead of throwing a big party for her we would just take her to Great Wolf Lodge. She loves to swim & I know she will love it. It's not the cheapest thing but we are sharing a room with our good friends to cut room cost.. so it's all worth it. I do have to say though we went way over budget for this birthday.. well mama did with her have to buys on Shiloh clothes LOL.. but hey my child has to be in style what can I say plus we are running low on clothes so she was in need of them.

Stephen has been working crazy hours.. well mind you he has had the weekends off lately due to planned events that we have been attending but last night he was home at 9pm then headed back to work until almost mid night I think. He has to get his store ready for Corporate to visits. So its that time of year where I consider myself a single stay at home mom cause Stephen leaves before we are awake & is home after we are in bed. It's stinky but hey its a sacrifice that is well worth it right? But don't think my husband is all work no play.. he has been able to go Golfing, to Sounders games, Mariner's games & even a Seahawks football game so he is still enjoying life.. trust me!!

 Other then that I did make a trip to JoAnn Fabric's today to get some stuff to be crafty with. I think it's a good outlet.. now to find the time now that is where I am not sure.. but I know I will get them done at some point hopefully before I give birth. So I am putting the girls in a room together so I can use the extra bedroom as a playroom since both rooms are so big. I really wanted to find a Big S & G to but above the girls beds.. I saw the idea online & thought it would be cute. So I found them today & all I have to do is paint them & personalize them.. best part is they were $10 each. I also bought iron ons for the onesies I bought for the girls which I am excited to get done.. but again probably will be a five month project for me LOL. {Oh & don't worry I will show you my creation once I have them complete}

So that is the update for now.. I am sure I forgot to mention something.. I always do.. oh the life of a mommy.. wouldn't ask for anything more I tell ya :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting & leaving me your thoughts

xo Melissa

Labels

Shiloh (91) Pictures (85) Babbling (75) Baby #2 (56) Gabriella (39) Family Life (29) Wordless Wednesday (29) Video (25) 30 Day's of Truth (23) Baby #3 (22) Top 2 Tuesday (20) Flashback Friday (18) Family Fun Days (15) Not Me Monday (14) photography (14) Holiday's (12) SOOC (11) Birthday/Anniversary (10) Blog (10) Decor Ideas (9) A Picture To Remember (8) Life (8) Medical Issues (8) Friday Fives (6) Hair (6) I Heart Thursday's (6) New Years Resolution 2011 (6) Stores I love (6) Crafty Ideas (5) Decor (5) Food (5) Post-It-Note-Tuesday (5) Stream of Consciousness (5) Weight Loss (5) Loss (4) 365 Project (3) Church (3) Domestic Violence (3) Emma (3) Family Photo's (3) Not My Child Monday (3) Organization (3) QOTD (3) Stories of lost loved ones (3) Wish List (3) "OH MOM" Monday (2) ACTS Retreat (2) About (2) About Me (2) Goals (2) My Story (2) New Features and Updates (2) Photo Challenge (2) Prayers for this Blog Family (2) Religious (2) Sandra Kay (2) Schedules (2) cleaning (2) 30 Photos (1) 8 years (1) Baking (1) Before Photo's (1) Blog Awards (1) Blogging about other Blogs (1) Budgeting (1) Chemicals (1) Cookies (1) Day Off (1) Donate (1) Easy Meals (1) Epilepsy (1) Facebook Mama's Group (1) Faith (1) Friday Photo Challenge (1) Friends (1) Friendship (1) Gifts (1) Giving (1) Healthy Eating (1) Homemade (1) I am back (1) Meal Ideas (1) Meals (1) Minivan (1) Money (1) Motivation (1) My Job (1) New Friendships (1) Paper Mama Photo Challenge (1) Pinterest (1) Prayers (1) Pregnancy Progress (1) Reason (1) Recipes (1) Relgion (1) Scentsy Independent Consutlant (1) Shopping (1) Show Us Your Life (1) Sleep (1) Tags (1) The Walking Dead (1) Throw Back Thursday (1) To-The-Top (1) Toxins (1) Vegan (1) Vegetarian (1) Weigh in (1) What I'm Loving Wednesday (1) Workout (1) Your Health (1) after photo's (1) blogging again (1) dehydrator (1) healthy snacks food (1) kids (1) love (1) marriage (1) norwex (1) readers (1) self help tools (1) shakeology (1) snacks (1) stats (1) strawberries (1)