Saturday, September 11, 2010

Where Were You


9 years ago to day I remember it so clearly. A day that left my heart with great sadness, fear & so much heart ache. I remember driving to school listening to the radio confused as to what they were talking about.. I remember getting to class & all the scared looks on my classmates faces. I remember my teacher telling me we where not going to be learning that day that instead we would be watching the news. I remember my heart aching as I finally saw what had happened.

There are no words to explain that day.. except that I know it was the saddest day America has faced in my life. I remember calling my family back east to make sure everyone was okay. I remember wanting to hug someone but being too afraid to reach out to my classmates.. I remember the tears pouring down my face as I saw the plans hitting the towers. I remember thinking this was a joke no a horrible nightmare!


9/11 changed me in so many ways.. it made me appreciate all that I have, life, family, friends & good health. It made me want to reach out & do something.. help those in need. But it also made me fearful, lost, unsure & angry. Innocent lives taken, families torn apart & America left standing in shock.

I remember where I was, what I felt & the tears.. where were you when the world stop turning on that September Day 9 years ago.. what where you doing.. what did you feel & how did it change you?


Seeing pictures of that day still makes it hard for me to breath.. hard for me to take it all in.. & still very hard for me to understand. I will never forget what our country has done for me & I will never be able to repay or thank the military our Heros enough for fighting for our freedom. I will never stop hurting for those who were taken too soon & for the families who grieve for their lost loved ones. I will never stop praying that this will never happen again & I will never taken another breath for granted.

Today is a day to always remember.. to look back & pray for all those lost & all those still fighting for us as a country, for our FREEDOM!!

Please take a moment & make sure you tell the people you love just how much today, even if you are mad at them or not speaking.. just make sure they know.. I bet that there are families & friends out their that would give anything to be able to say that one last time to the people who matter most in their lives but where taken from them on this day 9 years ago..

I still cry my eye's out everytime I hear this song!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting & leaving me your thoughts

xo Melissa

Labels

Shiloh (91) Pictures (85) Babbling (75) Baby #2 (56) Gabriella (39) Family Life (29) Wordless Wednesday (29) Video (25) 30 Day's of Truth (23) Baby #3 (22) Top 2 Tuesday (20) Flashback Friday (18) Family Fun Days (15) Not Me Monday (14) photography (14) Holiday's (12) SOOC (11) Birthday/Anniversary (10) Blog (10) Decor Ideas (9) A Picture To Remember (8) Life (8) Medical Issues (8) Friday Fives (6) Hair (6) I Heart Thursday's (6) New Years Resolution 2011 (6) Stores I love (6) Crafty Ideas (5) Decor (5) Food (5) Post-It-Note-Tuesday (5) Stream of Consciousness (5) Weight Loss (5) Loss (4) 365 Project (3) Church (3) Domestic Violence (3) Emma (3) Family Photo's (3) Not My Child Monday (3) Organization (3) QOTD (3) Stories of lost loved ones (3) Wish List (3) "OH MOM" Monday (2) ACTS Retreat (2) About (2) About Me (2) Goals (2) My Story (2) New Features and Updates (2) Photo Challenge (2) Prayers for this Blog Family (2) Religious (2) Sandra Kay (2) Schedules (2) cleaning (2) 30 Photos (1) 8 years (1) Baking (1) Before Photo's (1) Blog Awards (1) Blogging about other Blogs (1) Budgeting (1) Chemicals (1) Cookies (1) Day Off (1) Donate (1) Easy Meals (1) Epilepsy (1) Facebook Mama's Group (1) Faith (1) Friday Photo Challenge (1) Friends (1) Friendship (1) Gifts (1) Giving (1) Healthy Eating (1) Homemade (1) I am back (1) Meal Ideas (1) Meals (1) Minivan (1) Money (1) Motivation (1) My Job (1) New Friendships (1) Paper Mama Photo Challenge (1) Pinterest (1) Prayers (1) Pregnancy Progress (1) Reason (1) Recipes (1) Relgion (1) Scentsy Independent Consutlant (1) Shopping (1) Show Us Your Life (1) Sleep (1) Tags (1) The Walking Dead (1) Throw Back Thursday (1) To-The-Top (1) Toxins (1) Vegan (1) Vegetarian (1) Weigh in (1) What I'm Loving Wednesday (1) Workout (1) Your Health (1) after photo's (1) blogging again (1) dehydrator (1) healthy snacks food (1) kids (1) love (1) marriage (1) norwex (1) readers (1) self help tools (1) shakeology (1) snacks (1) stats (1) strawberries (1)