Monday, October 11, 2010

Stream of Consciousness

So we have been going back & forth on where we want to live. Do we stay put in our little hick/hording of a town just east of Tacoma WA or do we move north where neighborhoods are nicer & more expensive.. or do we move somewhere else all together? These are the questions that run constant in my head lately. We or I should say I am ready to buy a home & start to feel settled again.. hubby is still unsure & I too have my days where I am like I don't know what to do. It's hard when you have babies.. you want to live in the perfect neighborhood, with the best schools & friendly people.. but we are finding it hard to get all that in one here or at least in our price range. It's just so hard to be an adult anymore I tell ya!

I found this house that is in an ideal neighborhood.. on the golf course, one story & over 2000 sq ft. But its dated.. not by much its livable & a work that can be done over time but it's at the high end of our price range.. so it could be a while before we have available funds to update. I don't know how long I can handle all the gold fixtures & the gody {not sure how to spell that oops} chandeliers, mirrored walls & oak & tile kitchen but it has good bones & has a great layout. We have the option to rent but then I can't change a thing or we have the option to purchase.. the question is do we do either?

I just want a house for my babies. I want to be able to decorate their rooms & make them their own. I want a home that is ours & that we can make our own & take pride in. Its so hard to go from home owner to renting & then back to the possibility of owning but being unsure as to where we want to own.. if we want to own a new home or find a simi fixer upper or if we just want to continue renting because apart of us still is not sure if where we are currently at is where we want to be.

I think renting wouldn't be so hard if there were actually decent places around here to rent.. but I feel like they just let anyone move in anymore & the quality.. well maybe I just have high standards but I want something update, clean & safe. Is that asking too much?

Where we are currently renting its not horrible.. we have newer appliances the sq ft is great {1770} & I love that we have a garage attached. But there is no A/C, bugs have been a huge problem, the cabinets are gross as well as the bathrooms {it's like who ever lived here before never cleaned so I can't get the grim off}, the hoarders that surround us & well my biggest problem is that we have TWO registered sex offenders that live right down the street which I blogged about here. {& I know there is nothing I can do about this & not all monsters are registered but now that I know I am freaked out} So I want to move.. the sex offender thing was one of the last draws for me. Also I have two girls which makes it even scarier!! I know most will say they are everywhere anymore but at least now I know how to check before I move somewhere but I don't think i will just so I am not so freaked out about it.

So I am having the hard time of making a choice on what to do ..  buy, rent, wait, or what? This is what has kept me up at night.. this is what depresses me because I can't just decided. This is what I am waiting on.. A SIGN maybe?? Something ugh!

I did some research on the best places to live & found this on About.com & thought it was interesting..


World's Best Places to Live
The London-based Economist Intelligence Unit's (EIU) Liveability Ranking, conducted a worldwide search for the best places to live and visit. Looking at 40 different indicators arranged in five separate categories, including stability, healthcare, culture and environment, education and infrastructure, EIU published some interesting findings. With three cities in the top ten, Canada came out on top due to its low crime, little threat from terrorism and a highly developed infrastructure. The best ranked US cities were Cleveland and Pittsburgh, both ranking 26th in the World.
  1. Vancouver, Canada
  2. Melbourne, Australia
  3. Vienna, Austria
  4. Toronto, Canada
  5. Calgary, Canada

Safest Places to Live
With the recent natural disasters that have devastated so many communities throughout the world, when you are considering your next move, you may be wondering if there is anywhere left that is safe to live. The answer is, no. Every area in the world has either suffered from, or will suffer from, a natural disaster. Whether it is a drought and tornadoes in the Midwest, flooding and ice storms in the Northeast or earthquakes and mudslides along the west coast, Mother Nature has the upper hand. Forbes recently partnered with Sperling's Best Places to uncover the 10 safest places to live. Here are the top 5:

  1. Honolulu, Hawaii
  2. Bosie, Idaho
  3. Sante Fe, New Mexico
  4. Yakima, Washington
  5. Spokane, Washington

Best Places for Singles
So you're tired of combing the streets and bars of your city in an attempt to find that special someone, or maybe you've had enough bad first dates to keep you in on a Saturday night. Don't despair. Sperling's Best Places has done it again. They have compile stats on percentage of singles, single venues and population density to come up with a list of the top ten dating cities.
  1. Austin, Texas
  2. Colorado Springs, Colorado
  3. San Diego, California
  4. Raleigh/Durham, North Carolina
  5. Seattle, Washington

Best Places for Families
Child magazine conducted an extensive search of 100 cities throughout the US to find the best place to raise a family. Factors ranged from pediatric healthcare, schools, housing costs and air quality. Their research also points to highlights in each city, special qualities that exist no where else.
  1. Denver, Colorado
  2. Norfolk/Virginia Beach/Newport News, Virginia
  3. Minneapolis/St.Paul, Minnesota
  4. Miami, Florida
  5. Orlando, Florida <------ This is funny to me because I grew up in Central Florida & swore I would never raise my kids there.. but that was a long time ago.

Best Places to Reinvent Yourself
For those of you who are beginning the next stage in life, whether you've retired or if you simply want to start over now that the kids are grown and the nest is empty, AARP magazine conducted a survey to find the best places in the US to reinvent yourself. Considering many baby boomers will work past their 65th birthday, AARP took job availability into account when ranking a locale. Other factors included cost of living, affordable housing, culture and entertainment, access to outdoor recreation, universities and colleges, personal safety, sense of community, health care facilities and transportation.

  1. Loveland/Fort Collins, Colorado
  2. Bellingham, Washington
  3. Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill, North Carolina
  4. Sarasota, Florida
  5. Fayetteville, Arkansas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting & leaving me your thoughts

xo Melissa

Labels

Shiloh (91) Pictures (85) Babbling (75) Baby #2 (56) Gabriella (39) Family Life (29) Wordless Wednesday (29) Video (25) 30 Day's of Truth (23) Baby #3 (22) Top 2 Tuesday (20) Flashback Friday (18) Family Fun Days (15) Not Me Monday (14) photography (14) Holiday's (12) SOOC (11) Birthday/Anniversary (10) Blog (10) Decor Ideas (9) A Picture To Remember (8) Life (8) Medical Issues (8) Friday Fives (6) Hair (6) I Heart Thursday's (6) New Years Resolution 2011 (6) Stores I love (6) Crafty Ideas (5) Decor (5) Food (5) Post-It-Note-Tuesday (5) Stream of Consciousness (5) Weight Loss (5) Loss (4) 365 Project (3) Church (3) Domestic Violence (3) Emma (3) Family Photo's (3) Not My Child Monday (3) Organization (3) QOTD (3) Stories of lost loved ones (3) Wish List (3) "OH MOM" Monday (2) ACTS Retreat (2) About (2) About Me (2) Goals (2) My Story (2) New Features and Updates (2) Photo Challenge (2) Prayers for this Blog Family (2) Religious (2) Sandra Kay (2) Schedules (2) cleaning (2) 30 Photos (1) 8 years (1) Baking (1) Before Photo's (1) Blog Awards (1) Blogging about other Blogs (1) Budgeting (1) Chemicals (1) Cookies (1) Day Off (1) Donate (1) Easy Meals (1) Epilepsy (1) Facebook Mama's Group (1) Faith (1) Friday Photo Challenge (1) Friends (1) Friendship (1) Gifts (1) Giving (1) Healthy Eating (1) Homemade (1) I am back (1) Meal Ideas (1) Meals (1) Minivan (1) Money (1) Motivation (1) My Job (1) New Friendships (1) Paper Mama Photo Challenge (1) Pinterest (1) Prayers (1) Pregnancy Progress (1) Reason (1) Recipes (1) Relgion (1) Scentsy Independent Consutlant (1) Shopping (1) Show Us Your Life (1) Sleep (1) Tags (1) The Walking Dead (1) Throw Back Thursday (1) To-The-Top (1) Toxins (1) Vegan (1) Vegetarian (1) Weigh in (1) What I'm Loving Wednesday (1) Workout (1) Your Health (1) after photo's (1) blogging again (1) dehydrator (1) healthy snacks food (1) kids (1) love (1) marriage (1) norwex (1) readers (1) self help tools (1) shakeology (1) snacks (1) stats (1) strawberries (1)