Friday, November 26, 2010

Facebook Scares

So more & more I am finding reason's not to have a Facebook. From the hackers, to clickjackers, to phishing on your account.. it's just ridiculous!! I recently canceled my old account because I read that if you have applications on your account those developers have access to all your information & can track you down & find out how to hack into your IP address & access all your information & to delete my applications that I had downloaded over the years would have taken me FOREVER!! Then I read about how having the app on your phone if it is not the real app like instead of using Twitter & instead using Tweet Deck for example or using the all in one applications instead of having different ones for each social site that those App's are gateways for hackers/phishing onto your account.

So I opened a new Facebook because I have a TON of family & friends out of state to keep in touch with & its the most convenient way.. & not even having my account open even 24 hours someone from Dallas was logging into my account from their mobile device. I mean serious.. how ridiculous! So with this account I made sure to take all the necessary step's in protecting my family & privacy. I have it to were they notify me when someone has logged in from a location that I have not set up.. I also no longer am posting photo's on there except a few & I am not putting my location or any vital information on there for someone to steal my identity.

The internet world has always been said to not be safe.. it just sucks that almost everyone uses it to communicate & to keep in touch anymore.. it's sad that we can't do so without things being compromised. So I just want everyone to be careful with Facebook & even Twitter in not allowing too much info out about yourself or family & to not be so click happy with the Likes cause it could get you into trouble.

I have been really parinoid lately after having some random guy come to my house twice in a day and bang on my door repeatedly & even try opening it. I NEVER answer my door when Stephen is not home but this guy was not giving up so I called the police.. the guy never returned.. who is to say he didn't locate me from the internet some way from my Facebook?? I mean I had a lot of information on there that could lead someone right to me. I have sent my address to friends through messages.. at one point I had my address & phone number on my account.. so who is to say he didn't get it from that?? It's a scary world out there anymore & as a parent I want to keep family safe & if that means no Facebook, Twitter or Blog then so be it.. but I haven't heard anything too bad about blogging that cause a concern just yet :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting & leaving me your thoughts

xo Melissa

Labels

Shiloh (91) Pictures (85) Babbling (75) Baby #2 (56) Gabriella (39) Family Life (29) Wordless Wednesday (29) Video (25) 30 Day's of Truth (23) Baby #3 (22) Top 2 Tuesday (20) Flashback Friday (18) Family Fun Days (15) Not Me Monday (14) photography (14) Holiday's (12) SOOC (11) Birthday/Anniversary (10) Blog (10) Decor Ideas (9) A Picture To Remember (8) Life (8) Medical Issues (8) Friday Fives (6) Hair (6) I Heart Thursday's (6) New Years Resolution 2011 (6) Stores I love (6) Crafty Ideas (5) Decor (5) Food (5) Post-It-Note-Tuesday (5) Stream of Consciousness (5) Weight Loss (5) Loss (4) 365 Project (3) Church (3) Domestic Violence (3) Emma (3) Family Photo's (3) Not My Child Monday (3) Organization (3) QOTD (3) Stories of lost loved ones (3) Wish List (3) "OH MOM" Monday (2) ACTS Retreat (2) About (2) About Me (2) Goals (2) My Story (2) New Features and Updates (2) Photo Challenge (2) Prayers for this Blog Family (2) Religious (2) Sandra Kay (2) Schedules (2) cleaning (2) 30 Photos (1) 8 years (1) Baking (1) Before Photo's (1) Blog Awards (1) Blogging about other Blogs (1) Budgeting (1) Chemicals (1) Cookies (1) Day Off (1) Donate (1) Easy Meals (1) Epilepsy (1) Facebook Mama's Group (1) Faith (1) Friday Photo Challenge (1) Friends (1) Friendship (1) Gifts (1) Giving (1) Healthy Eating (1) Homemade (1) I am back (1) Meal Ideas (1) Meals (1) Minivan (1) Money (1) Motivation (1) My Job (1) New Friendships (1) Paper Mama Photo Challenge (1) Pinterest (1) Prayers (1) Pregnancy Progress (1) Reason (1) Recipes (1) Relgion (1) Scentsy Independent Consutlant (1) Shopping (1) Show Us Your Life (1) Sleep (1) Tags (1) The Walking Dead (1) Throw Back Thursday (1) To-The-Top (1) Toxins (1) Vegan (1) Vegetarian (1) Weigh in (1) What I'm Loving Wednesday (1) Workout (1) Your Health (1) after photo's (1) blogging again (1) dehydrator (1) healthy snacks food (1) kids (1) love (1) marriage (1) norwex (1) readers (1) self help tools (1) shakeology (1) snacks (1) stats (1) strawberries (1)