Saturday, December 11, 2010

Monkey Magnets

So my husband had to take a last minute trip to say his good bye's to his cousin. It's been a sad time for our family & I have been praying everyday for all of them & for them to have the strength to handle what has been thrown.

We have such a large family combined with not just immediate family but extended & step family that it makes it hard to give everyone a gift for the holiday's.. I would love to give everyone something but it's just not doable or affordable most the time. But since my husbands family is in a time of grieving I wanted to give them something to smile about.. & well I know that Shiloh ALWAYS puts a smile on my face so I figured why not give them not just a picture but a cute magnetic frame for it to go in :)

So here is my newest craft project that I am calling Monkey Magnets :)

So first all material's used where purchased at Ben Franklin

1st I always recommend you work on a cutting surface when using scissors or an x-acto knife.

Products needed:
  • Wood Magnetic Frames to but a 2x3 picture in {I bought them $1 each}

  • Scrap Paper {I bought a small 6x6 book of scrap paper that was only $5.99 because I was making 17 frames}

  • Scissors or x-acto knife
  • Modge Podge & A spunge brush


  • A Print out of the picture you would like to use :)


Now the fun part:

    1. First take out the backing of the frame for tracing & choose your paper 


    2. Trace the frame on the back side of the scrap paper 

    3. Then cut with either or both the scissors or x-acto knife

    4. Then take the apply a layer of the modge podge to the wood frame & place the    
        cut out on it & smooth out any lifts with your fingers. Then wait for it to dry & apply   
        another layer of the modge podge to the top of the paper cut out & let dry.

drying shouldn't take too long as long as you didn't cake on the modge podge

    5. The add the picture 

    6. Hang on your Fridge or give as nice gift :)
{I just noticed I took this picture while the photo in the frame was still upside down LOL}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting & leaving me your thoughts

xo Melissa

Labels

Shiloh (91) Pictures (85) Babbling (75) Baby #2 (56) Gabriella (39) Family Life (29) Wordless Wednesday (29) Video (25) 30 Day's of Truth (23) Baby #3 (22) Top 2 Tuesday (20) Flashback Friday (18) Family Fun Days (15) Not Me Monday (14) photography (14) Holiday's (12) SOOC (11) Birthday/Anniversary (10) Blog (10) Decor Ideas (9) A Picture To Remember (8) Life (8) Medical Issues (8) Friday Fives (6) Hair (6) I Heart Thursday's (6) New Years Resolution 2011 (6) Stores I love (6) Crafty Ideas (5) Decor (5) Food (5) Post-It-Note-Tuesday (5) Stream of Consciousness (5) Weight Loss (5) Loss (4) 365 Project (3) Church (3) Domestic Violence (3) Emma (3) Family Photo's (3) Not My Child Monday (3) Organization (3) QOTD (3) Stories of lost loved ones (3) Wish List (3) "OH MOM" Monday (2) ACTS Retreat (2) About (2) About Me (2) Goals (2) My Story (2) New Features and Updates (2) Photo Challenge (2) Prayers for this Blog Family (2) Religious (2) Sandra Kay (2) Schedules (2) cleaning (2) 30 Photos (1) 8 years (1) Baking (1) Before Photo's (1) Blog Awards (1) Blogging about other Blogs (1) Budgeting (1) Chemicals (1) Cookies (1) Day Off (1) Donate (1) Easy Meals (1) Epilepsy (1) Facebook Mama's Group (1) Faith (1) Friday Photo Challenge (1) Friends (1) Friendship (1) Gifts (1) Giving (1) Healthy Eating (1) Homemade (1) I am back (1) Meal Ideas (1) Meals (1) Minivan (1) Money (1) Motivation (1) My Job (1) New Friendships (1) Paper Mama Photo Challenge (1) Pinterest (1) Prayers (1) Pregnancy Progress (1) Reason (1) Recipes (1) Relgion (1) Scentsy Independent Consutlant (1) Shopping (1) Show Us Your Life (1) Sleep (1) Tags (1) The Walking Dead (1) Throw Back Thursday (1) To-The-Top (1) Toxins (1) Vegan (1) Vegetarian (1) Weigh in (1) What I'm Loving Wednesday (1) Workout (1) Your Health (1) after photo's (1) blogging again (1) dehydrator (1) healthy snacks food (1) kids (1) love (1) marriage (1) norwex (1) readers (1) self help tools (1) shakeology (1) snacks (1) stats (1) strawberries (1)