Thursday, December 30, 2010

New Years Resolution #5

No Smoking & Limiting My Drinking

So once I found out I was pregnant with S in 2008 I quit smoking.. I swore I was done.. I didn't want to be a mom who smoked. Well a few months after having her I turned into what some call a social or closet smoker. I would smoke when I would drink, when others would smoke or when I was stressed & honestly I don't want to be a smoker nor do I want it around my kids which I never had it around S but I know I smelled of smoke. So my resolutions is to NOT SMOKE no matter what!! I need to stay strong with this one! It's gross, unhealthy & so expensive. It will probably be the hardest resolution for me especially if its around me or when I am drinking & but I must do this not just for my kids but for me as well. 

I am not a big drinker anymore. I used to love to party & go out & have a good old time like most young people do but before we found out we were expecting G I really cut down on my drinking & smoking because I knew it can be one of the reasons why I wasn't getting pregnant. In that time I actually liked how I felt.. it was like I had energy again & I was happy & to not be hungover was so nice because come on who wants to care for their baby hungover.. not I & no matter what anyone says or who is helping you.. YOU ARE ALWAYS MOMMY & that job doesn't get a vacation or sick day. 

So this year I hope to be more of a TWO DRINK kind of girl & the whole lets take shots thing yeah that is for the birds as far as I am concerned. I know I will have my Vino.. I love my wine & beer from time to time but I am done with the lets go out & spend $100 on drinking or lets go clubing or just go out to drink {I have no business in a club when I am happily married with 2 kids & about to be 30} & I want to be healthier & well when alcohol is in the mix.. its just not healthy. Plus alcohol just puts me on an emotional roller coaster & I don't like that either. So I know this one will not be so hard for me because alcohol is not something I have EVER been a big fan of because I have seen it ruin lives, friendships, cause a lot of drama & split up families. So I know this one I can handle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting & leaving me your thoughts

xo Melissa

Labels

Shiloh (91) Pictures (85) Babbling (75) Baby #2 (56) Gabriella (39) Family Life (29) Wordless Wednesday (29) Video (25) 30 Day's of Truth (23) Baby #3 (22) Top 2 Tuesday (20) Flashback Friday (18) Family Fun Days (15) Not Me Monday (14) photography (14) Holiday's (12) SOOC (11) Birthday/Anniversary (10) Blog (10) Decor Ideas (9) A Picture To Remember (8) Life (8) Medical Issues (8) Friday Fives (6) Hair (6) I Heart Thursday's (6) New Years Resolution 2011 (6) Stores I love (6) Crafty Ideas (5) Decor (5) Food (5) Post-It-Note-Tuesday (5) Stream of Consciousness (5) Weight Loss (5) Loss (4) 365 Project (3) Church (3) Domestic Violence (3) Emma (3) Family Photo's (3) Not My Child Monday (3) Organization (3) QOTD (3) Stories of lost loved ones (3) Wish List (3) "OH MOM" Monday (2) ACTS Retreat (2) About (2) About Me (2) Goals (2) My Story (2) New Features and Updates (2) Photo Challenge (2) Prayers for this Blog Family (2) Religious (2) Sandra Kay (2) Schedules (2) cleaning (2) 30 Photos (1) 8 years (1) Baking (1) Before Photo's (1) Blog Awards (1) Blogging about other Blogs (1) Budgeting (1) Chemicals (1) Cookies (1) Day Off (1) Donate (1) Easy Meals (1) Epilepsy (1) Facebook Mama's Group (1) Faith (1) Friday Photo Challenge (1) Friends (1) Friendship (1) Gifts (1) Giving (1) Healthy Eating (1) Homemade (1) I am back (1) Meal Ideas (1) Meals (1) Minivan (1) Money (1) Motivation (1) My Job (1) New Friendships (1) Paper Mama Photo Challenge (1) Pinterest (1) Prayers (1) Pregnancy Progress (1) Reason (1) Recipes (1) Relgion (1) Scentsy Independent Consutlant (1) Shopping (1) Show Us Your Life (1) Sleep (1) Tags (1) The Walking Dead (1) Throw Back Thursday (1) To-The-Top (1) Toxins (1) Vegan (1) Vegetarian (1) Weigh in (1) What I'm Loving Wednesday (1) Workout (1) Your Health (1) after photo's (1) blogging again (1) dehydrator (1) healthy snacks food (1) kids (1) love (1) marriage (1) norwex (1) readers (1) self help tools (1) shakeology (1) snacks (1) stats (1) strawberries (1)