Sunday, January 9, 2011

Life As Four

So we have been blessed with our second baby girl Gabriella. She is now 6 days old & doing so well. 
2 Days Old
She sleeps for 3 to 4 hours at a time. When she is up she is alert & makes the cutest faces. She eats well & keeps me busy with pumping & nursing. I had problems with getting her to latch on so my right nipple is too sore & raw to nurse her on it right now so I am only able to nurse on my left side & I just pump for the right. She is eating any where from 2 to 3 oz at a time. I am going to invest in a nipple shield today to help with getting her latched on right so that I can mostly nurse instead of bottle feed. I am loving my pump though & it was so worth the money!! I am going to stick with the nursing even though it is a lot of work & has caused me pain.. I don't want to give up like I did with Shiloh. Gabriella was jaundice & we had to have her belly ribbon checked on Friday but they are not concerned with it at this point & told me as long as she is feeding well & having normal diapers then we should be good to go. We have to take her back to the Doctor on Monday for a weight check but other then doctors said she is perfect.

At her visit on Friday she weighed in at 6 lbs. 7 oz. & was 19 3/4 inches so she lost some weight but that is normal. 

Shiloh is doing well adjusting.. she has her moments & she does get jealous of mommy having to share her time with sister now. But she loves having her little sister & tells me all the time "Mama sister is so cute" I love have my girls.. & I love how sweet Shiloh is with Gabriella. We are trying to be as patient with Shiloh as we can & to make sure she knows she is loved. Potty training is still in motion & she is still interested which makes me happy.. I am still not pushing it as much as I could just because I know she is under a lot of stress as is & don't want to put too much on her. She is also sleeping in her bed FINALLY & doing really well with that. She has her nights of waking up but once we reassure her that we are still here she goes back to sleep. I have pretty good routine down with dinner, bath & bed time too so its nice. 

My Happy Big Girl
Stephen went back to work yesterday. He took a late in to help get Shiloh settled but once he left I was on my own. The day went well.. Shiloh only had a few issues but nothing major. I was able to get her down for a nap & get in my feedings & pumping too which I was worried might be hard since Shiloh is so curious as to what I am doing. I even was able to pick up the house & even do laundry which I was glad to get done because it was adding up big time. 

Daddy & His GIrls
Last night one of my best friends came up from Oregon to stay until Monday & I love having her here. I haven't seen her since October so it's awesome that she was able to get time away from the Salon. Shiloh loves having her here too :)

Auntie Gabby & Gabriella
So one thing I struggled with Shiloh when she was born was separation anxiety & I co-slept with her & that is why we have had such a hard time getting her to sleep on her own. So I was really worried about having that issue this time. Even though I have horrible anxiety about SIDS & other things happening I have been doing very well with having Gabriella sleep in the bassinet. I have had her sleep with me a few times after nursing though only because it seemed she was too restless to fall asleep on her own & I was too tired to stay awake. But other then that she is mostly in her bassinet & doing really well with it too :)

All swaddled & sleeping
So things are going really well & we are all adjusting just fine. I couldn't be happier then I am now & I love having my girls. I truly feel so blessed & I am so thankful to have happy healthy babies! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting & leaving me your thoughts

xo Melissa

Labels

Shiloh (91) Pictures (85) Babbling (75) Baby #2 (56) Gabriella (39) Family Life (29) Wordless Wednesday (29) Video (25) 30 Day's of Truth (23) Baby #3 (22) Top 2 Tuesday (20) Flashback Friday (18) Family Fun Days (15) Not Me Monday (14) photography (14) Holiday's (12) SOOC (11) Birthday/Anniversary (10) Blog (10) Decor Ideas (9) A Picture To Remember (8) Life (8) Medical Issues (8) Friday Fives (6) Hair (6) I Heart Thursday's (6) New Years Resolution 2011 (6) Stores I love (6) Crafty Ideas (5) Decor (5) Food (5) Post-It-Note-Tuesday (5) Stream of Consciousness (5) Weight Loss (5) Loss (4) 365 Project (3) Church (3) Domestic Violence (3) Emma (3) Family Photo's (3) Not My Child Monday (3) Organization (3) QOTD (3) Stories of lost loved ones (3) Wish List (3) "OH MOM" Monday (2) ACTS Retreat (2) About (2) About Me (2) Goals (2) My Story (2) New Features and Updates (2) Photo Challenge (2) Prayers for this Blog Family (2) Religious (2) Sandra Kay (2) Schedules (2) cleaning (2) 30 Photos (1) 8 years (1) Baking (1) Before Photo's (1) Blog Awards (1) Blogging about other Blogs (1) Budgeting (1) Chemicals (1) Cookies (1) Day Off (1) Donate (1) Easy Meals (1) Epilepsy (1) Facebook Mama's Group (1) Faith (1) Friday Photo Challenge (1) Friends (1) Friendship (1) Gifts (1) Giving (1) Healthy Eating (1) Homemade (1) I am back (1) Meal Ideas (1) Meals (1) Minivan (1) Money (1) Motivation (1) My Job (1) New Friendships (1) Paper Mama Photo Challenge (1) Pinterest (1) Prayers (1) Pregnancy Progress (1) Reason (1) Recipes (1) Relgion (1) Scentsy Independent Consutlant (1) Shopping (1) Show Us Your Life (1) Sleep (1) Tags (1) The Walking Dead (1) Throw Back Thursday (1) To-The-Top (1) Toxins (1) Vegan (1) Vegetarian (1) Weigh in (1) What I'm Loving Wednesday (1) Workout (1) Your Health (1) after photo's (1) blogging again (1) dehydrator (1) healthy snacks food (1) kids (1) love (1) marriage (1) norwex (1) readers (1) self help tools (1) shakeology (1) snacks (1) stats (1) strawberries (1)