Saturday, February 26, 2011

Running Low..

{FYI this post is about breastfeeding.. read at your own risk}

So for all my bloggy mom's who brestfeed or pump or do both I need some help! My milk is running very low. I have tried everything! I only pump & bottle feed due to complications in the beginning & it was working out great {lots of work & dedication} but slowly my milk is slipping away & I feel as thought I have tried everything. When I was nursing Shiloh it went well for the first 3 months but she was not gaining enough weight.. so I started to supplement with formula.. then my milk went away completely so by 5 months she was only getting formula. I really really don't want to formula feed I really want this to work but I can't if I don't have milk. I have been eating all the foods that are suggested for the most part. I eat a lot of protein, I drink a lot of water, I eat healthy, I stay away from caffeine, I don't drink any alcohol, I try & take it easy for the most part, I don't have a lot of stress in my life just lack of sleep & I makes sure to snack as often as possible. I also have been taking Fenugreek {Even though it brought Aunt Flow to visit} & my doctor said if that doesn't work that she can put me on something to get it up but should I yet or are there things I still need to try?

So if you have any suggestions or ideas as to what I need to do or what I need to stop doing that would be awesome! 

I don't want to be a quitter! I refuse to just give up but I also need to have enough milk to give the baby so that she is full & not pissed & crying for more. I have milk stored because in the beginning like I said it was going great, I had a ton of milk.. no problem.. but I swear ever since I tried using the softfit breastshield by Medela & it messed me up & wasn't getting enough milk, I haven't been able to get it back up. I am so upset that this is happening & now I am having to take from my frozen milk & I don't want to do that. Ugh.. today I have only been able to pump about 3 1/2 ounces each session & she wants 4 or more. Help!

Labels

Shiloh (91) Pictures (85) Babbling (75) Baby #2 (56) Gabriella (39) Family Life (29) Wordless Wednesday (29) Video (25) 30 Day's of Truth (23) Baby #3 (22) Top 2 Tuesday (20) Flashback Friday (18) Family Fun Days (15) Not Me Monday (14) photography (14) Holiday's (12) SOOC (11) Birthday/Anniversary (10) Blog (10) Decor Ideas (9) A Picture To Remember (8) Life (8) Medical Issues (8) Friday Fives (6) Hair (6) I Heart Thursday's (6) New Years Resolution 2011 (6) Stores I love (6) Crafty Ideas (5) Decor (5) Food (5) Post-It-Note-Tuesday (5) Stream of Consciousness (5) Weight Loss (5) Loss (4) 365 Project (3) Church (3) Domestic Violence (3) Emma (3) Family Photo's (3) Not My Child Monday (3) Organization (3) QOTD (3) Stories of lost loved ones (3) Wish List (3) "OH MOM" Monday (2) ACTS Retreat (2) About (2) About Me (2) Goals (2) My Story (2) New Features and Updates (2) Photo Challenge (2) Prayers for this Blog Family (2) Religious (2) Sandra Kay (2) Schedules (2) cleaning (2) 30 Photos (1) 8 years (1) Baking (1) Before Photo's (1) Blog Awards (1) Blogging about other Blogs (1) Budgeting (1) Chemicals (1) Cookies (1) Day Off (1) Donate (1) Easy Meals (1) Epilepsy (1) Facebook Mama's Group (1) Faith (1) Friday Photo Challenge (1) Friends (1) Friendship (1) Gifts (1) Giving (1) Healthy Eating (1) Homemade (1) I am back (1) Meal Ideas (1) Meals (1) Minivan (1) Money (1) Motivation (1) My Job (1) New Friendships (1) Paper Mama Photo Challenge (1) Pinterest (1) Prayers (1) Pregnancy Progress (1) Reason (1) Recipes (1) Relgion (1) Scentsy Independent Consutlant (1) Shopping (1) Show Us Your Life (1) Sleep (1) Tags (1) The Walking Dead (1) Throw Back Thursday (1) To-The-Top (1) Toxins (1) Vegan (1) Vegetarian (1) Weigh in (1) What I'm Loving Wednesday (1) Workout (1) Your Health (1) after photo's (1) blogging again (1) dehydrator (1) healthy snacks food (1) kids (1) love (1) marriage (1) norwex (1) readers (1) self help tools (1) shakeology (1) snacks (1) stats (1) strawberries (1)