Sunday, February 20, 2011

Weekend Wrap Up

So this weekend I/we went & made some purchases on things we were still in need of for the baby/girls. We also had our good friends Jenifer & Jamey over yesterday evening for pizza & for Jamey to meet Gabriella. Jen came to help with Shiloh while I was in labor & Shiloh just adores them both as do we.

I went to my all time FAVORITE store Target!! I bought this contraption for the babies diapers since our Genie decided to not want to work anymore!
 So far I love it. It seems a lot more secure with holding the dirty diaper smell in.

Then I also purchased the Medela Softfit Breast Shield's.. & well I am not impressed & would not recommend them at all. Maybe its me but they hurt & & I was only pumping have of my regular supply so I used them for 24 hours & switched back to the regular plastic ones the breast pump came with & my boob's {I know I said boob} are still super sore from them. So its a good thing I bought some Fenugreek this last week to help get my milk supply back up. I have also had to pump every two hours during the day to make up for the loss I had.

I have had a lot of other mom's recommend that I get a good sling or baby carrier to put Gabriella in to get house work done, go grocery shopping & also so I can get out walking. So I also purchased this sling.. I am still learning how to use it & I won't lie I did get a little overwhelmed with it & how it works but after a few practice tries with Shiloh's baby doll I think I got it down now..

This is not me all images I googled because I am being lazy today LOL
So if you read my blog about my postpartum visit {which you can by clicking here} you know that I really want to loose 42 pounds by summer. So I want to start some serious walking everyday once we get some warmer weather. We had a jogger stroller but it was worn out!! It was the stroller we used all the time for Shiloh & we traveled with it so it got all messed up to the point that it was shaking when you pushed it if you didn't have the wheel locked in the front & squeaked so much that it literally drove me bonkers. So we took advantage of Babies R US's Trade N Event & traded in our beat up jogger for this pretty little jogger that I am so excited to start using:
I love it .. I love that it is PINK too & that the hubby was okay with buying it :) {I married a great guy} We could have purchased a purple one to go with the double stroller & infant car seat we already have but Babies R Us only had that in a travel system & we don't need another infant car seat. But I am happy with the purchase :)

We also traded in our old disgusting high chair that Shiloh destroyed & our old infant carrier that we used for Shiloh that was super heavy & made her super hot. We bought a new high chair nothing fancy just something that is easier to clean & store & we gave the other 25% off to a couple that was expecting since we didn't need another car seat or anything else at the moment.

So I am excited to get out & use my new jogger with the girls & take advantage of the trail on the river right by our house. Now if this cold weather would just go away already life would be that much better :) So those are our big purchases at the moment. Gotta love buying baby items LOL I do but I don't think my hubby is.. but he love's to make me happy & that is what I love so much about him. Plus he was happy with the the fact that we got 25% off on each item.

{Sorry I used Google Pictures but I am having a lazy day & didn't want to get out the camera & take pictures of everything LOL}

After our Babies R Us Adventure we headed over to the Tacoma Mall & wanted to have lunch but BJ's Brewery was packed with a 30 minute wait that neither of us had the patients for so we ate at the Food Cort which was okay. We then went to Forever 21 to see if I could find something to wear to the fancy dinner we are attending next month but I feel so huge & so out of the style loop that I haven't a clue as to what to buy :( These are the times that I wish I had my girls near by to go shopping with me & give their honest opinion.. but we will be making a road trip to Oregon before the dinner so hopefully we can get some shopping time in while there so I can find me something. So after we were done in there we were heading out & noticed people running to the exit & stores closing their doors which left us a little freaked out. Of course the baby starts to cry because she left us a present in her pants but I was like sorry Gabriella but something scary is happening so we are getting out of here. So we headed to the car & over heard people saying that there was someone in the mall with a gun.. so yeah I am so glad we got out of there. Tacoma isn't the safest area but man I never thought we would be in a situation like that. The thing that bothers me most about it is that they were not telling people what was going on unless you asked someone.. I mean isn't that something they should be announcing or something?? Anyways.. I will just say I/we will not be going to that mall again anytime soon!

Even thought I couldn't find me a fancy shirt or outfit today I did make a purchase for myself at my FAVORITE Etsy Shop Little Miss Momma:
Click Here to check out her amazing stuff!!

I love her rings & necklaces & I bought one of each & can't wait to get them in the mail in a few days. Little Miss Momma also has a BLOG that stalk.. & she is also the creator of Sisterhood of Secrets BLOG in which I also love.

In the next few weeks I am looking to purchase my Canon DSLR & I can't wait..
I will then be starting my 365 which I have named 365 of My Miracles which I will be pictures everyday for a year of Shiloh & Gabriella & I am really excited to start this project & start learning neat photography tricks. So I can't wait to get my hands on this bad boy.

So that is my big weekend of spending & fun.. I hope you all had a great weekend as well & happy Blogging!

Labels

Shiloh (91) Pictures (85) Babbling (75) Baby #2 (56) Gabriella (39) Family Life (29) Wordless Wednesday (29) Video (25) 30 Day's of Truth (23) Baby #3 (22) Top 2 Tuesday (20) Flashback Friday (18) Family Fun Days (15) Not Me Monday (14) photography (14) Holiday's (12) SOOC (11) Birthday/Anniversary (10) Blog (10) Decor Ideas (9) A Picture To Remember (8) Life (8) Medical Issues (8) Friday Fives (6) Hair (6) I Heart Thursday's (6) New Years Resolution 2011 (6) Stores I love (6) Crafty Ideas (5) Decor (5) Food (5) Post-It-Note-Tuesday (5) Stream of Consciousness (5) Weight Loss (5) Loss (4) 365 Project (3) Church (3) Domestic Violence (3) Emma (3) Family Photo's (3) Not My Child Monday (3) Organization (3) QOTD (3) Stories of lost loved ones (3) Wish List (3) "OH MOM" Monday (2) ACTS Retreat (2) About (2) About Me (2) Goals (2) My Story (2) New Features and Updates (2) Photo Challenge (2) Prayers for this Blog Family (2) Religious (2) Sandra Kay (2) Schedules (2) cleaning (2) 30 Photos (1) 8 years (1) Baking (1) Before Photo's (1) Blog Awards (1) Blogging about other Blogs (1) Budgeting (1) Chemicals (1) Cookies (1) Day Off (1) Donate (1) Easy Meals (1) Epilepsy (1) Facebook Mama's Group (1) Faith (1) Friday Photo Challenge (1) Friends (1) Friendship (1) Gifts (1) Giving (1) Healthy Eating (1) Homemade (1) I am back (1) Meal Ideas (1) Meals (1) Minivan (1) Money (1) Motivation (1) My Job (1) New Friendships (1) Paper Mama Photo Challenge (1) Pinterest (1) Prayers (1) Pregnancy Progress (1) Reason (1) Recipes (1) Relgion (1) Scentsy Independent Consutlant (1) Shopping (1) Show Us Your Life (1) Sleep (1) Tags (1) The Walking Dead (1) Throw Back Thursday (1) To-The-Top (1) Toxins (1) Vegan (1) Vegetarian (1) Weigh in (1) What I'm Loving Wednesday (1) Workout (1) Your Health (1) after photo's (1) blogging again (1) dehydrator (1) healthy snacks food (1) kids (1) love (1) marriage (1) norwex (1) readers (1) self help tools (1) shakeology (1) snacks (1) stats (1) strawberries (1)