Saturday, August 13, 2011

Mama Photographer's

Here are a few tips to help you get your photography noticed, meet other photographers & to build clientele.

#1 A must is having a Blog. I have my Personal Blog but I also have a Photography Blog. I think its important to keep personal & business separate. Even though I do share my photography on my blog I keep it strictly of my family or friends & photography blog is of clients & family too but I keep my writing to a minimum. I do leave buttons on both my blogs to my other blogs as well.

#2 Create a Facebook Fan or Like Page. I have my personal Facebook Page & My Fan Page. You don't want everyone to know your business so draw the line between clients & close friends & keep them separate.

#3 Join supporting sites or groups. Like I Heart Faces & Participate in their challenges & photo shops. It not only helps you learn but it keeps you excited when you get positive feed back. It can also help you to you can bring in more clients & fans this way too.

#4 Join in Blog link ups for photography challenges. A Blog that I love to follow who has a lot of photography link ups is The Paper Mama.

#5 Get your friends & family to help you out. Offer free services to gain experience & to show off your work & what sets you aside from other photographers.

#6 Don't be afraid to share your passion with people & brag.. people want photographers who are confident in their work.

#7 Learn Photoshop, Lightroom or Photoshop Elements. You must be able to edit & add a creative touch to your work to set you aside from other photographers. Remember anyone can take a photo.. you have to find what makes you unique. I love getting new actions & reading tutorials. A few sites to get lots of info, actions, storyboards & neat photo tips are The CoffeeShop Blog, The Pioneer Woman & Paint The Moon Photography. With some of these sites you can get free stuff which is always an added bonus.

So those are some of my tips & things I have done to help with my photography. I am still a work in progress though & I love learning new things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting & leaving me your thoughts

xo Melissa

Labels

Shiloh (91) Pictures (85) Babbling (75) Baby #2 (56) Gabriella (39) Family Life (29) Wordless Wednesday (29) Video (25) 30 Day's of Truth (23) Baby #3 (22) Top 2 Tuesday (20) Flashback Friday (18) Family Fun Days (15) Not Me Monday (14) photography (14) Holiday's (12) SOOC (11) Birthday/Anniversary (10) Blog (10) Decor Ideas (9) A Picture To Remember (8) Life (8) Medical Issues (8) Friday Fives (6) Hair (6) I Heart Thursday's (6) New Years Resolution 2011 (6) Stores I love (6) Crafty Ideas (5) Decor (5) Food (5) Post-It-Note-Tuesday (5) Stream of Consciousness (5) Weight Loss (5) Loss (4) 365 Project (3) Church (3) Domestic Violence (3) Emma (3) Family Photo's (3) Not My Child Monday (3) Organization (3) QOTD (3) Stories of lost loved ones (3) Wish List (3) "OH MOM" Monday (2) ACTS Retreat (2) About (2) About Me (2) Goals (2) My Story (2) New Features and Updates (2) Photo Challenge (2) Prayers for this Blog Family (2) Religious (2) Sandra Kay (2) Schedules (2) cleaning (2) 30 Photos (1) 8 years (1) Baking (1) Before Photo's (1) Blog Awards (1) Blogging about other Blogs (1) Budgeting (1) Chemicals (1) Cookies (1) Day Off (1) Donate (1) Easy Meals (1) Epilepsy (1) Facebook Mama's Group (1) Faith (1) Friday Photo Challenge (1) Friends (1) Friendship (1) Gifts (1) Giving (1) Healthy Eating (1) Homemade (1) I am back (1) Meal Ideas (1) Meals (1) Minivan (1) Money (1) Motivation (1) My Job (1) New Friendships (1) Paper Mama Photo Challenge (1) Pinterest (1) Prayers (1) Pregnancy Progress (1) Reason (1) Recipes (1) Relgion (1) Scentsy Independent Consutlant (1) Shopping (1) Show Us Your Life (1) Sleep (1) Tags (1) The Walking Dead (1) Throw Back Thursday (1) To-The-Top (1) Toxins (1) Vegan (1) Vegetarian (1) Weigh in (1) What I'm Loving Wednesday (1) Workout (1) Your Health (1) after photo's (1) blogging again (1) dehydrator (1) healthy snacks food (1) kids (1) love (1) marriage (1) norwex (1) readers (1) self help tools (1) shakeology (1) snacks (1) stats (1) strawberries (1)