Friday, August 26, 2011

Reading

So since Shiloh was very little she has always always loved to read. You could give her a book & have you read it a million times in a row & she would never get sick of it. She always wants a new book & is always loving her collection of books she already has. She is not yet able to spell or actually read but she will spend hours in her room reading the books in her own way. If I tell her to clean her room I will find her instead reading all her books which makes it hard for me to get made at her because well she is reading right. But I am constantly putting her books away. At nap time she will go in her room & read until she falls asleep.

This his how I normally find her after about 30 minutes to an hour after she has gone into her room. At night time now it is the same. She loves it & that makes me so happy because honestly I am NOT a big reader at all.. I have to be interested in the book to even get through the first few chapters. But I also don't have time right now or long enough silence to read & for me now days when I am in bed its either straight to sleep I go or the lights are out because the hubby is sleeping & I am not a fan of holding the flash light while trying to read HA! So I am so very proud of my almost 3 year old for loving reading & for making it such a big part of her day. I need to work with her more & teach her words so that she can read. I can't wait till we can move & I can have a playroom for them with a reading area so we can go in there in the morning while sissy sleeps & read & learn. Right now its hard because our house is so all over the place that it's hard to find a place to sit & do these things but I just need to do it. Its so good for her & if I can get her to read before pre-school that is such an added bonus. She already has a huge vocabulary & she knows words like "this is delicious" & "that was wonderful" & she uses them in the correct context as well which to me is impressive for her age. I have lots of learning books for her too she just is not too into them yet she just wants to color them vs. do as you are suppose to with them so its hard right now but I know in a few months she will probably be more into them. I think it's so import to work with your kids at a young age & to instill learning & reading on them & get them interested so that when it comes school time they want to learn & enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting & leaving me your thoughts

xo Melissa

Labels

Shiloh (91) Pictures (85) Babbling (75) Baby #2 (56) Gabriella (39) Family Life (29) Wordless Wednesday (29) Video (25) 30 Day's of Truth (23) Baby #3 (22) Top 2 Tuesday (20) Flashback Friday (18) Family Fun Days (15) Not Me Monday (14) photography (14) Holiday's (12) SOOC (11) Birthday/Anniversary (10) Blog (10) Decor Ideas (9) A Picture To Remember (8) Life (8) Medical Issues (8) Friday Fives (6) Hair (6) I Heart Thursday's (6) New Years Resolution 2011 (6) Stores I love (6) Crafty Ideas (5) Decor (5) Food (5) Post-It-Note-Tuesday (5) Stream of Consciousness (5) Weight Loss (5) Loss (4) 365 Project (3) Church (3) Domestic Violence (3) Emma (3) Family Photo's (3) Not My Child Monday (3) Organization (3) QOTD (3) Stories of lost loved ones (3) Wish List (3) "OH MOM" Monday (2) ACTS Retreat (2) About (2) About Me (2) Goals (2) My Story (2) New Features and Updates (2) Photo Challenge (2) Prayers for this Blog Family (2) Religious (2) Sandra Kay (2) Schedules (2) cleaning (2) 30 Photos (1) 8 years (1) Baking (1) Before Photo's (1) Blog Awards (1) Blogging about other Blogs (1) Budgeting (1) Chemicals (1) Cookies (1) Day Off (1) Donate (1) Easy Meals (1) Epilepsy (1) Facebook Mama's Group (1) Faith (1) Friday Photo Challenge (1) Friends (1) Friendship (1) Gifts (1) Giving (1) Healthy Eating (1) Homemade (1) I am back (1) Meal Ideas (1) Meals (1) Minivan (1) Money (1) Motivation (1) My Job (1) New Friendships (1) Paper Mama Photo Challenge (1) Pinterest (1) Prayers (1) Pregnancy Progress (1) Reason (1) Recipes (1) Relgion (1) Scentsy Independent Consutlant (1) Shopping (1) Show Us Your Life (1) Sleep (1) Tags (1) The Walking Dead (1) Throw Back Thursday (1) To-The-Top (1) Toxins (1) Vegan (1) Vegetarian (1) Weigh in (1) What I'm Loving Wednesday (1) Workout (1) Your Health (1) after photo's (1) blogging again (1) dehydrator (1) healthy snacks food (1) kids (1) love (1) marriage (1) norwex (1) readers (1) self help tools (1) shakeology (1) snacks (1) stats (1) strawberries (1)