Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Boy or Girl??

So Since this is our Third & Probably our LAST BABY!! I want to make it fun & exciting {not that having a baby isn't already} but I want to do things outside of the box.. things we haven't done in past pregnancies. So I talked to Stephen & we both thought it would be so fun to have a Gender Reveal Party! I saw on Pinterest these awesome cakes for a Gender Reveal Party & it got me so excited to do this!!
Here is a cake I am just in LOVE with:
found here at this URL: http://www.flickr.com/photos/17247479@N05/5970792889/in/photostream

I am going to tell my new doctor that when we go in for the ultra sound of the babies gender we don't want to know but to put it on paper & in an envelope & I will go to a cake shop hand them the envelope & have them make the cake. If the inside of the cake is pink then we are having a girl & if it is blue then we are having a boy. Then we will have all our closest friends & family over for a Gender Reveal Party {NOT BABY SHOWER} & we will celebrate the gender together.

I think this will be so fun & awesome! Plus I love the suspense of it all & of course the excitement of not knowing & then finding out with our family & friends.

So in the mean time don't forget to vote for Jelly Bean's Gender in the mean time! I am guessing we should find out in December so you have a bit of time but not too much time.. the clock is ticking :)

Also if you have done this or something like this share your thoughts & ideas.

5 comments:

  1. a good friend of mine did a gender party...looked like so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea so much! If I have any more babies, I am so doing this (okay, but I would make sure that the doctor gave me two papers and envelopes so I could keep one and open it after we ate the cake, just to double check)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog, it's SO CUTE! :-) I love the idea of putting the gender color inside the cake, so fun! I was just looking at your sidebar and noticed that under Shiloh Rose it says she was born 9.19.2011, I'm guessing that's a typo? Thought you might want to know, I know I would :-)

    Good luck with the move...I understand what you're going through!!! I just moved across country at almost 8 months pregnant! And my Hubby was away at training and so I had to do everything by myself! With some help from friends and family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Lisa yes good idea I should make sure to get two just in case LOL

    @Mallorie I am glad you found me :) Thanks for the heads up on Shiloh's birthday LOL prego brain messes me up a lot! 8 months pregnant WOW that is brave!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a cute idea, I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting & leaving me your thoughts

xo Melissa

Labels

Shiloh (91) Pictures (85) Babbling (75) Baby #2 (56) Gabriella (39) Family Life (29) Wordless Wednesday (29) Video (25) 30 Day's of Truth (23) Baby #3 (22) Top 2 Tuesday (20) Flashback Friday (18) Family Fun Days (15) Not Me Monday (14) photography (14) Holiday's (12) SOOC (11) Birthday/Anniversary (10) Blog (10) Decor Ideas (9) A Picture To Remember (8) Life (8) Medical Issues (8) Friday Fives (6) Hair (6) I Heart Thursday's (6) New Years Resolution 2011 (6) Stores I love (6) Crafty Ideas (5) Decor (5) Food (5) Post-It-Note-Tuesday (5) Stream of Consciousness (5) Weight Loss (5) Loss (4) 365 Project (3) Church (3) Domestic Violence (3) Emma (3) Family Photo's (3) Not My Child Monday (3) Organization (3) QOTD (3) Stories of lost loved ones (3) Wish List (3) "OH MOM" Monday (2) ACTS Retreat (2) About (2) About Me (2) Goals (2) My Story (2) New Features and Updates (2) Photo Challenge (2) Prayers for this Blog Family (2) Religious (2) Sandra Kay (2) Schedules (2) cleaning (2) 30 Photos (1) 8 years (1) Baking (1) Before Photo's (1) Blog Awards (1) Blogging about other Blogs (1) Budgeting (1) Chemicals (1) Cookies (1) Day Off (1) Donate (1) Easy Meals (1) Epilepsy (1) Facebook Mama's Group (1) Faith (1) Friday Photo Challenge (1) Friends (1) Friendship (1) Gifts (1) Giving (1) Healthy Eating (1) Homemade (1) I am back (1) Meal Ideas (1) Meals (1) Minivan (1) Money (1) Motivation (1) My Job (1) New Friendships (1) Paper Mama Photo Challenge (1) Pinterest (1) Prayers (1) Pregnancy Progress (1) Reason (1) Recipes (1) Relgion (1) Scentsy Independent Consutlant (1) Shopping (1) Show Us Your Life (1) Sleep (1) Tags (1) The Walking Dead (1) Throw Back Thursday (1) To-The-Top (1) Toxins (1) Vegan (1) Vegetarian (1) Weigh in (1) What I'm Loving Wednesday (1) Workout (1) Your Health (1) after photo's (1) blogging again (1) dehydrator (1) healthy snacks food (1) kids (1) love (1) marriage (1) norwex (1) readers (1) self help tools (1) shakeology (1) snacks (1) stats (1) strawberries (1)