Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Getting My Self Out There

So the other day my sister in law invited me to join her at her church for bible study. At first  I was a little nervous because I haven't been to bible study in years (I know sad) but I have been longing to join a church again & be more involved. So I of course said yes! So then this morning at a quarter to 6am my alarm sounded to get up & to get ready (which is super early for me). I laid there in bed thinking of excuses to just be able to lay there longer & fall back asleep.. but deep down I know that God was calling on me to get up & go! Once I got myself ready & Shiloh we sad good bye to daddy & Gabbie & headed out. Gabbie had to stay home due to a double ear infection but daddy was happy to have some one on one time with her & I was happy to have my time with Shiloh.

So we arrived at church & meet up with my sister in law & her two kiddos. We took the girls to their classrooms & once Shiloh saw that I was leaving her she freaked out but the teach picked her up & I left.. I had to be strong. Then we took my nephew to his classroom & before heading to our group I went to check on Shiloh & make sure she was okay without her seeing me & she was fine. So then we headed to group.

Right away everyone was very warm & welcoming. They introduced themselves & we chit chatted a bit & I felt so comfortable. Then group started & we had a speaker to share in her story or I should say journey through ministry & her life threatening illness. I have to admit I was choked up almost the entire time she was sharing. Her story was so touching & profound & really made me so glad I got out of bed to be there. When she was finished we all talked a little bit & put in our prayer request & again I was choked up by some of the request asked & of course had to really restrain myself from balling over my request about my family member in the hospital.

Being their today really opened my eyes to what I was missing in my life.. church, faith, the security of sharing with other people & feeling like I was apart of something. I know for sure now that I will be attending this group & church on a regular basis & will make sure my family & myself are more involved in the church community & with God.

I think today I have started a whole new journey & I am so excited to see where it takes me, my family & my faith!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting & leaving me your thoughts

xo Melissa

Labels

Shiloh (91) Pictures (85) Babbling (75) Baby #2 (56) Gabriella (39) Family Life (29) Wordless Wednesday (29) Video (25) 30 Day's of Truth (23) Baby #3 (22) Top 2 Tuesday (20) Flashback Friday (18) Family Fun Days (15) Not Me Monday (14) photography (14) Holiday's (12) SOOC (11) Birthday/Anniversary (10) Blog (10) Decor Ideas (9) A Picture To Remember (8) Life (8) Medical Issues (8) Friday Fives (6) Hair (6) I Heart Thursday's (6) New Years Resolution 2011 (6) Stores I love (6) Crafty Ideas (5) Decor (5) Food (5) Post-It-Note-Tuesday (5) Stream of Consciousness (5) Weight Loss (5) Loss (4) 365 Project (3) Church (3) Domestic Violence (3) Emma (3) Family Photo's (3) Not My Child Monday (3) Organization (3) QOTD (3) Stories of lost loved ones (3) Wish List (3) "OH MOM" Monday (2) ACTS Retreat (2) About (2) About Me (2) Goals (2) My Story (2) New Features and Updates (2) Photo Challenge (2) Prayers for this Blog Family (2) Religious (2) Sandra Kay (2) Schedules (2) cleaning (2) 30 Photos (1) 8 years (1) Baking (1) Before Photo's (1) Blog Awards (1) Blogging about other Blogs (1) Budgeting (1) Chemicals (1) Cookies (1) Day Off (1) Donate (1) Easy Meals (1) Epilepsy (1) Facebook Mama's Group (1) Faith (1) Friday Photo Challenge (1) Friends (1) Friendship (1) Gifts (1) Giving (1) Healthy Eating (1) Homemade (1) I am back (1) Meal Ideas (1) Meals (1) Minivan (1) Money (1) Motivation (1) My Job (1) New Friendships (1) Paper Mama Photo Challenge (1) Pinterest (1) Prayers (1) Pregnancy Progress (1) Reason (1) Recipes (1) Relgion (1) Scentsy Independent Consutlant (1) Shopping (1) Show Us Your Life (1) Sleep (1) Tags (1) The Walking Dead (1) Throw Back Thursday (1) To-The-Top (1) Toxins (1) Vegan (1) Vegetarian (1) Weigh in (1) What I'm Loving Wednesday (1) Workout (1) Your Health (1) after photo's (1) blogging again (1) dehydrator (1) healthy snacks food (1) kids (1) love (1) marriage (1) norwex (1) readers (1) self help tools (1) shakeology (1) snacks (1) stats (1) strawberries (1)