Thursday, January 26, 2012

Baby Bumps

So this week was a little crazy. Sunday Gabbie had a fever of 101.8 which I have never had a child with that high a fever.. I know crazy. So we gave her some medicine & it went down. Monday she seemed fine back to her normal spunky self so I was relieved but I started noticing some bumps on her legs & arms but I thought it was just her sensitive skin acting up so I didn't think much of it. Then on Tuesday morning I noticed she had more bumps. Bumps that looked like chicken pox.. & so I became concerned & called the doctor. Here is a picture...


So of course I was watching her like a hawk.. googling every possible thing & it just made me freak out even more.. NOTE TO SELF: don't google medical concerns it will give you near heart attacks ha! Thank goodness the doctor was able to see us later that afternoon because my anxiety was threw the roof. So once we saw the doctor they assured me it was nothing to be too concerned over. She said it was caused from her high fever but nothing to be concerned about unless the fever returns. The bumps are caused from a viral illness that she is fighting. She said it is much like the chicken pox but it's not going to itch or scab like chicken pox. She said it should only last until the weekend & start clearing up. She also said that a warm bath will make it appear worse but not to be alarmed. She said it will not harm or irritate her & to let it play its course. So here we are on Thursday rash is still in effect & the only one it is bothering is her father & I because it just looks bad. But she is in good spirits staying hydrated & eating well & still full of energy. So I hope it starts to clear up soon.

I have a confession though & I feel silly for not knowing this.. but I had no idea that they now have a vaccine for chicken pox nor did I realize my children have had it.. haha.. man I need to pay better attention to this stuff.. or maybe I was aware & just forgot. I don't know I just was in shock when my husband & sister in law informed me of this information. Bad mommie I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting & leaving me your thoughts

xo Melissa

Labels

Shiloh (91) Pictures (85) Babbling (75) Baby #2 (56) Gabriella (39) Family Life (29) Wordless Wednesday (29) Video (25) 30 Day's of Truth (23) Baby #3 (22) Top 2 Tuesday (20) Flashback Friday (18) Family Fun Days (15) Not Me Monday (14) photography (14) Holiday's (12) SOOC (11) Birthday/Anniversary (10) Blog (10) Decor Ideas (9) A Picture To Remember (8) Life (8) Medical Issues (8) Friday Fives (6) Hair (6) I Heart Thursday's (6) New Years Resolution 2011 (6) Stores I love (6) Crafty Ideas (5) Decor (5) Food (5) Post-It-Note-Tuesday (5) Stream of Consciousness (5) Weight Loss (5) Loss (4) 365 Project (3) Church (3) Domestic Violence (3) Emma (3) Family Photo's (3) Not My Child Monday (3) Organization (3) QOTD (3) Stories of lost loved ones (3) Wish List (3) "OH MOM" Monday (2) ACTS Retreat (2) About (2) About Me (2) Goals (2) My Story (2) New Features and Updates (2) Photo Challenge (2) Prayers for this Blog Family (2) Religious (2) Sandra Kay (2) Schedules (2) cleaning (2) 30 Photos (1) 8 years (1) Baking (1) Before Photo's (1) Blog Awards (1) Blogging about other Blogs (1) Budgeting (1) Chemicals (1) Cookies (1) Day Off (1) Donate (1) Easy Meals (1) Epilepsy (1) Facebook Mama's Group (1) Faith (1) Friday Photo Challenge (1) Friends (1) Friendship (1) Gifts (1) Giving (1) Healthy Eating (1) Homemade (1) I am back (1) Meal Ideas (1) Meals (1) Minivan (1) Money (1) Motivation (1) My Job (1) New Friendships (1) Paper Mama Photo Challenge (1) Pinterest (1) Prayers (1) Pregnancy Progress (1) Reason (1) Recipes (1) Relgion (1) Scentsy Independent Consutlant (1) Shopping (1) Show Us Your Life (1) Sleep (1) Tags (1) The Walking Dead (1) Throw Back Thursday (1) To-The-Top (1) Toxins (1) Vegan (1) Vegetarian (1) Weigh in (1) What I'm Loving Wednesday (1) Workout (1) Your Health (1) after photo's (1) blogging again (1) dehydrator (1) healthy snacks food (1) kids (1) love (1) marriage (1) norwex (1) readers (1) self help tools (1) shakeology (1) snacks (1) stats (1) strawberries (1)