Thursday, January 19, 2012

Time To Have Routine!

Ever since having Shiloh I have longed to have routine.. but I have failed everytime I start one. Shiloh has never been a routine type of kiddo.. humm I wonder where she gets that from.. maybe her mama.. hehe. Anyways.. I am at a point in my mommyhood that I I NEED ROUTINE!! Gabbie loves routine & for things to be repetitive.. when something is thrown in the mix she is miserable. So for her we have simple routines that are on task. For instance.. she goes to bed between 8pm & 9pm if not she will walk around fussy as ever guiding you to the kitchen for her milkey or to her room. She wakes up between 8am 9am in the morning. Some mornings she wakes up happy & content & will just play for a bit before we have to get her. Other days {especially if she has a nasty diaper} she will wake up & let you know "Hey MOM it's time to get up.. no more sleeping in" ha. Once we are up & start our day we eat breakfast then it's free play with toons on. Then by 10am no later then 11:30am she will let you know "hey mom it's time for nap" so down she goes.. some days I can get Shiloh to go nap but most days she will not. This is what puts mama in a bind because when they nap I nap.. & only because I am pregnant & have insomnia at night. So while Gabbie naps if Shiloh & I do not we work on puzzles, color or read. Then after about an hour of Gabbie napping if she has not woken up we go nap. Usually if Gabbie is not up within an hour of going down she is just taking one nap for the day & it can be a 2 to 3 hour one at that so that is nice. If it is just an hour she will take another one around 4pm for an hour or 2. Once Gabbie lets us know she is up we eat lunch.. the time for that is different some days it's either she napped for an hour & we eat around noon or she has napped for 2 to 3 hours & We eat around 2pm or 3pm.  I know it's a late lunch but hey that is when my kids sleep. Then when we are up from nap we usually do some laundry or I clean the kitchen & during this time music is playing & we are a dancing/singing household so that is the time when most of their energy is released ha. After about 30 min to an hour of that we then have free play & I take the time to catch up on a show, blog, FB, check email, place a Scentsy order or work on a photography project. I start dinner at 5:30pm or 6pm we eat once daddy is home then it's time to get ready for bed & quiet time. Shiloh is our late owl & is up until I go to bed.. & she is still in our bed {this is what we need to work on}.

I feel like our schedule works for Gabbie but not for Shiloh & myself. I need to schedule in more creative time & learning time & less free play & tv time. My energy level's are low but I feel like if we had routine it would help get me going & doing more. We run errands usually in the morning first thing after breakfast & spend most the day out then when we are home we are napping usually & once we are up its almost dinner time so I need something more structured.. for all of us!

So I found this blog Parenting with Mrs. Poppins & I am going to get on it to make this planner to fit my family & I really want to stick to it & be better about things with the girls. I think we all need it.. I think our household would spend less time being lazy & bored & more time learning & growing. So that is my goal.. I wanted to get to Target today but the hub has the car seats so this will be my to do list for tomorrow for sure!

Here is a cute pic I capture of the girls last night.. don't let their cuteness fool you though.. or their names ha... Shiloh or Shizilla & Gabriella & Gabzilla.. at their best!

1 comment:

  1. I've noticed Kendal sleeps better when we have a routine. On the nights before she has preschool we have a set routine and she's in bed about 7:30 to 8 because she gets up at 7am. I've noticed she doesn't mind going to bed early because that's the time she gets to use her v-reader and only time she gets to use it. She starts in her bed and usually ends up in our between 12 and 3am. I make her start out by sleeping on her little couch that's in our room and the next time she wakes up she usually ends up in our bed.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting & leaving me your thoughts

xo Melissa

Labels

Shiloh (91) Pictures (85) Babbling (75) Baby #2 (56) Gabriella (39) Family Life (29) Wordless Wednesday (29) Video (25) 30 Day's of Truth (23) Baby #3 (22) Top 2 Tuesday (20) Flashback Friday (18) Family Fun Days (15) Not Me Monday (14) photography (14) Holiday's (12) SOOC (11) Birthday/Anniversary (10) Blog (10) Decor Ideas (9) A Picture To Remember (8) Life (8) Medical Issues (8) Friday Fives (6) Hair (6) I Heart Thursday's (6) New Years Resolution 2011 (6) Stores I love (6) Crafty Ideas (5) Decor (5) Food (5) Post-It-Note-Tuesday (5) Stream of Consciousness (5) Weight Loss (5) Loss (4) 365 Project (3) Church (3) Domestic Violence (3) Emma (3) Family Photo's (3) Not My Child Monday (3) Organization (3) QOTD (3) Stories of lost loved ones (3) Wish List (3) "OH MOM" Monday (2) ACTS Retreat (2) About (2) About Me (2) Goals (2) My Story (2) New Features and Updates (2) Photo Challenge (2) Prayers for this Blog Family (2) Religious (2) Sandra Kay (2) Schedules (2) cleaning (2) 30 Photos (1) 8 years (1) Baking (1) Before Photo's (1) Blog Awards (1) Blogging about other Blogs (1) Budgeting (1) Chemicals (1) Cookies (1) Day Off (1) Donate (1) Easy Meals (1) Epilepsy (1) Facebook Mama's Group (1) Faith (1) Friday Photo Challenge (1) Friends (1) Friendship (1) Gifts (1) Giving (1) Healthy Eating (1) Homemade (1) I am back (1) Meal Ideas (1) Meals (1) Minivan (1) Money (1) Motivation (1) My Job (1) New Friendships (1) Paper Mama Photo Challenge (1) Pinterest (1) Prayers (1) Pregnancy Progress (1) Reason (1) Recipes (1) Relgion (1) Scentsy Independent Consutlant (1) Shopping (1) Show Us Your Life (1) Sleep (1) Tags (1) The Walking Dead (1) Throw Back Thursday (1) To-The-Top (1) Toxins (1) Vegan (1) Vegetarian (1) Weigh in (1) What I'm Loving Wednesday (1) Workout (1) Your Health (1) after photo's (1) blogging again (1) dehydrator (1) healthy snacks food (1) kids (1) love (1) marriage (1) norwex (1) readers (1) self help tools (1) shakeology (1) snacks (1) stats (1) strawberries (1)