Thursday, February 2, 2012

Catching Up

Sorry I haven't posted in some time. We took a trip to Seattle on Friday & I ended up with a nasty cold while there & it's still lingering so I haven't had much energy to write nor has my brain been able to think. I am starting to feel some what better but now both girls seem to be sick with what I had.. but their energy levels are way higher then mine that is for sure.

So one thing I wanted to share is that I have been taking the girls to story time at our local library & they love it. I am so glad we live so close & that they offer so many story times for us to attend. It really is nice to have them involved in something outside the house with other kids. It's only 30 min. 3 times a week but its still really nice. Yesterday Stephen took both the girls while I had my 28 week check up. He said it was neat & he to is glad we are taking them. Shiloh just loves it.

I am also looking to start her in ballet classes. I haven't had the chance to get her down to the school to tour due to us being sick but I hope to this next Tuesday & to get her signed up. She really enjoys dancing around & needs something special like this. So hopefully it all works out.

Yesterday I had my 28 week doctors appointment. I can't believe how fast this pregnancy has flown by.. it's actually really nice but now I know these last few months are going to drag because I am so anxious to meet Emma & to have my body back. Yesterday I had my glucose test, which let me tell you I don't know if its due to me being sick or just prego brain but I took my cocktail an hour too soon so I had to call & get everything pushed up.. oops good thing my doctors office was able to get it all worked out. For this appointment not only did I have my glucose test but I had to get my rhogam shot too. He also measured me & I am still measuring a week ahead. After my appointment I stopped & picked up a few things for dinner & then met Stephen & the girls for lunch. While at lunch I ended up getting really sick. Dizzy, sweating, feeling as though I was going to pass out & be sick all at the same time.. it freaked me out because I hadn't felt this way in some time. After about 15 minutes & some water I started to feel better but man how scary. It had me wondering though if I would pass my glucose. I have always in the past with Shiloh & Gabriella but for some reason this time I have this feeling I may not. So today I received the call & it confirmed my intuition I didn't pass the glucose so now on Tuesday I have to do the 3 hour test. I know most people freak out over this type of news & get scared but me I am not going to let it bother me. I have always known there was a chance I could have gestational diabetes due to my polycystic ovary so its something I have always prepared myself for. So we shall see what happens.

Other then that Gabbie's bumps are almost all the way healed & she hasn't had a fever again so that is a relief. I am praying that both girls just have the cough & sniffles & aren't going to feel the full sickness that I have the last few days because it is miserable! They seem to be doing pretty well though just sleeping more & at times more irritable. But I am pumping them full of vitamins & good nutrients so hopefully that will help fight this thing.

So here is my big ole belly at 28 weeks.. at this point I am down to only fitting into leggings.. even my maternity jeans are too tight ugh..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting & leaving me your thoughts

xo Melissa

Labels

Shiloh (91) Pictures (85) Babbling (75) Baby #2 (56) Gabriella (39) Family Life (29) Wordless Wednesday (29) Video (25) 30 Day's of Truth (23) Baby #3 (22) Top 2 Tuesday (20) Flashback Friday (18) Family Fun Days (15) Not Me Monday (14) photography (14) Holiday's (12) SOOC (11) Birthday/Anniversary (10) Blog (10) Decor Ideas (9) A Picture To Remember (8) Life (8) Medical Issues (8) Friday Fives (6) Hair (6) I Heart Thursday's (6) New Years Resolution 2011 (6) Stores I love (6) Crafty Ideas (5) Decor (5) Food (5) Post-It-Note-Tuesday (5) Stream of Consciousness (5) Weight Loss (5) Loss (4) 365 Project (3) Church (3) Domestic Violence (3) Emma (3) Family Photo's (3) Not My Child Monday (3) Organization (3) QOTD (3) Stories of lost loved ones (3) Wish List (3) "OH MOM" Monday (2) ACTS Retreat (2) About (2) About Me (2) Goals (2) My Story (2) New Features and Updates (2) Photo Challenge (2) Prayers for this Blog Family (2) Religious (2) Sandra Kay (2) Schedules (2) cleaning (2) 30 Photos (1) 8 years (1) Baking (1) Before Photo's (1) Blog Awards (1) Blogging about other Blogs (1) Budgeting (1) Chemicals (1) Cookies (1) Day Off (1) Donate (1) Easy Meals (1) Epilepsy (1) Facebook Mama's Group (1) Faith (1) Friday Photo Challenge (1) Friends (1) Friendship (1) Gifts (1) Giving (1) Healthy Eating (1) Homemade (1) I am back (1) Meal Ideas (1) Meals (1) Minivan (1) Money (1) Motivation (1) My Job (1) New Friendships (1) Paper Mama Photo Challenge (1) Pinterest (1) Prayers (1) Pregnancy Progress (1) Reason (1) Recipes (1) Relgion (1) Scentsy Independent Consutlant (1) Shopping (1) Show Us Your Life (1) Sleep (1) Tags (1) The Walking Dead (1) Throw Back Thursday (1) To-The-Top (1) Toxins (1) Vegan (1) Vegetarian (1) Weigh in (1) What I'm Loving Wednesday (1) Workout (1) Your Health (1) after photo's (1) blogging again (1) dehydrator (1) healthy snacks food (1) kids (1) love (1) marriage (1) norwex (1) readers (1) self help tools (1) shakeology (1) snacks (1) stats (1) strawberries (1)