Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Family Binder


So I finally did it. I made our Family Binder. I am so glad its done!! I love how it turned out & I am pretty impressed with it. I wanted a Family Binder to hold important contact info, Our Routines, Calendars, Shopping List, Recipes, Documents & List. I wanted to have something for when we have someone watch the girls to go by & for me to go by so I can be more on routine with things. I think having this book is good for any family to keep on hand to stay on top of things.

So here is the cover Page:

Inside I added dividers & page protectors. Here is a list of my dividers.
  • Important Contacts
  • Routines
  • Calendar's
  • Cleaning
  • Food
  • List
  • Documents
*Contact List Tab
 I also have a page for the Babysitter Followed by a CPR Information page which I found & printed from Baby Center
I also have two pages of important business contact information & family & close friend contact information. I also have a page protector to add business cards for places that are important to remember or for our Credit Cards we don't use all the time.

*Daily Routine Tab

I have one for each day Monday through Sunday. I started my Week with Monday because Sundays are more relaxed. But each day is different.

The first page I have in here is an area where I can list appointments to remember for the week or things we have scheduled outside or routine. I have this as I all the doc's in a protective cover so it allows me to use a dry erase marker on it to write things down & to erase it each week or as needed so I don't have to keep reprinting. I did this with all my list that I have. Which I will list here in a bit.

*Calendar Tab

I have a calender for each month. I only print out the month we are in though so that I can add activities to the next month before printing & on the first of that month I print out & replace.
This too is in a protective cover so I can add info to the calendar as needed. 
At the end of this divider I have a page for Family Birthday's to Remember & Holiday's for the year.

 *Cleaning Tab

This is a page that I created of daily cleaning list to follow. It's not super detailed but it lets me know what needs to be done each day. I am also going to work on adding some helpful tips for cleaning that I found on Pinterest Gotta Love Pinterest!!!
*Food Tab

Here I have a page to list meals for the week along with a shopping list. I also have a sheet to plan each meal for the day so I don't have to be creative each day just once a week I can sit down & fill this out. After these pages I have pages of recipes.

 *List Tab

My list divider has pages of list.
  • To Do ✓ List
  • Prayer List
  • Reminder List
  • Goal List
  • Home Needs List
I also have a list page for each member of our family. So if one of the girls needs new shoes or diapers or we need to sign them up for something I can write it here to reference back to.

*Helpful Tab

Here I have printed out different helpful tips.
  • Tips for Saving
  • Craft Ideas for the kids
  • Family QT ideas
  • Teaching Tools
A lot of this information I found at iMom

*Documents Tab

My documents tab is where I have a business card holder to put our SS cards & other important cards such as Insurance Cards. I also have a protective sheet for our Wedding Certificate & Birth Certificates.

At the end of my binder I added a notebook so I can write down Blog Ideas. Added list that I need to create or recipes that I can write up & print later or notes that I have taken from the doctors or a TV show such as the doctors. I also have a separate planner that I carry around to appointments or that I write future appointments in so that when i need to print out that month's calender I can reference back to that as well.

I hope you find my ideas helpful & useful & do share what you have created & or tabs I may not have that maybe helpful for me or others too :)

3 comments:

  1. Melissa- You did a great job on this! Your organization is way better than mine! I hoping to get better though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tiff it took a whole for Nero get it together & I almost gave up but I love final look :)

      Delete
    2. Um love auto correct on my iPhone. My above MSG should read follows:

      Thank you Tiff it took a while to get it all together & I almost gave up but I love the final look :)

      Delete

Thank you for visiting & leaving me your thoughts

xo Melissa

Labels

Shiloh (91) Pictures (85) Babbling (75) Baby #2 (56) Gabriella (39) Family Life (29) Wordless Wednesday (29) Video (25) 30 Day's of Truth (23) Baby #3 (22) Top 2 Tuesday (20) Flashback Friday (18) Family Fun Days (15) Not Me Monday (14) photography (14) Holiday's (12) SOOC (11) Birthday/Anniversary (10) Blog (10) Decor Ideas (9) A Picture To Remember (8) Life (8) Medical Issues (8) Friday Fives (6) Hair (6) I Heart Thursday's (6) New Years Resolution 2011 (6) Stores I love (6) Crafty Ideas (5) Decor (5) Food (5) Post-It-Note-Tuesday (5) Stream of Consciousness (5) Weight Loss (5) Loss (4) 365 Project (3) Church (3) Domestic Violence (3) Emma (3) Family Photo's (3) Not My Child Monday (3) Organization (3) QOTD (3) Stories of lost loved ones (3) Wish List (3) "OH MOM" Monday (2) ACTS Retreat (2) About (2) About Me (2) Goals (2) My Story (2) New Features and Updates (2) Photo Challenge (2) Prayers for this Blog Family (2) Religious (2) Sandra Kay (2) Schedules (2) cleaning (2) 30 Photos (1) 8 years (1) Baking (1) Before Photo's (1) Blog Awards (1) Blogging about other Blogs (1) Budgeting (1) Chemicals (1) Cookies (1) Day Off (1) Donate (1) Easy Meals (1) Epilepsy (1) Facebook Mama's Group (1) Faith (1) Friday Photo Challenge (1) Friends (1) Friendship (1) Gifts (1) Giving (1) Healthy Eating (1) Homemade (1) I am back (1) Meal Ideas (1) Meals (1) Minivan (1) Money (1) Motivation (1) My Job (1) New Friendships (1) Paper Mama Photo Challenge (1) Pinterest (1) Prayers (1) Pregnancy Progress (1) Reason (1) Recipes (1) Relgion (1) Scentsy Independent Consutlant (1) Shopping (1) Show Us Your Life (1) Sleep (1) Tags (1) The Walking Dead (1) Throw Back Thursday (1) To-The-Top (1) Toxins (1) Vegan (1) Vegetarian (1) Weigh in (1) What I'm Loving Wednesday (1) Workout (1) Your Health (1) after photo's (1) blogging again (1) dehydrator (1) healthy snacks food (1) kids (1) love (1) marriage (1) norwex (1) readers (1) self help tools (1) shakeology (1) snacks (1) stats (1) strawberries (1)