Thursday, February 28, 2013

Mama & Minivan

So a few weeks ago we decided to trade in our Explorer & get a Minivan. Now I know I always said I would never be a minivan mama.. but when you have three kids all in car seats & a huge stroller to lug around, along with lots of stuff all the time.. well a minivan only makes sense.

Now I was nervous at first & scared that my cool hip mama image would slip away because I no longer had a cool SUV but ya know what I don't care because the convenience that comes with a minivan, makes all the scary complexes that come with it disappear. I must say now after having it a few weeks I love it. I love the gas milage & the cheaper payment as well.

Oh & yes we name our cars haha. It makes it fun. So Molly is our new ride. The girls love it. We even have a TV in it as well so that is a plus. I must say though since I am not much o f TV watcher except for a few show's I do get irritated that my four year old constantly thinks that even if we are only going 2 seconds away she should be able to watch a movie. So she will learn quickly that movies are only for long drives.. I mean like 45 min drives or longer. The one great thing is the trunk is huge, the girls can climb in & out like pros & we have captains chairs so I can get to the back a lot easier then before & there is a TON of leg room in any row you sit in. So yes I am a minivan mom, no I will not be putting some crazy wheels on it even though my hubby works for Discount Tire Co. but yes I will still be the coolest hippest mama in town who now drives a minivan. Oh & why you may ask because if you pull up next to us.. we are usually jamming out to Alicia Keys or P!NK & all four of us girls are dancing our buts off :) & the added bonus is that the minivan has a rockin system.

On another note.. for months our good friends Kyle & Jennie (who we miss terribly I might add!), have told us to watch The Walking Dead. So we started watching mid season & could not get into it because we were totally lost. So we gave up. Then the other day Stephen's cousin & wife told us we have to watch it & to order it on Netflix. Well we received season one in the mail yesterday & watched the entire season last night. We were a bit tired today because we were up till 12:30am watching it because it was just to good not to! We are addicted! Love it & I love the suspense! So if you haven't watched it.. I suggested you get your 30 day free trial with NetFlix & get it ordered because you are seriously missing out!!


2 comments:

Thank you for visiting & leaving me your thoughts

xo Melissa

Labels

Shiloh (91) Pictures (85) Babbling (75) Baby #2 (56) Gabriella (39) Family Life (29) Wordless Wednesday (29) Video (25) 30 Day's of Truth (23) Baby #3 (22) Top 2 Tuesday (20) Flashback Friday (18) Family Fun Days (15) Not Me Monday (14) photography (14) Holiday's (12) SOOC (11) Birthday/Anniversary (10) Blog (10) Decor Ideas (9) A Picture To Remember (8) Life (8) Medical Issues (8) Friday Fives (6) Hair (6) I Heart Thursday's (6) New Years Resolution 2011 (6) Stores I love (6) Crafty Ideas (5) Decor (5) Food (5) Post-It-Note-Tuesday (5) Stream of Consciousness (5) Weight Loss (5) Loss (4) 365 Project (3) Church (3) Domestic Violence (3) Emma (3) Family Photo's (3) Not My Child Monday (3) Organization (3) QOTD (3) Stories of lost loved ones (3) Wish List (3) "OH MOM" Monday (2) ACTS Retreat (2) About (2) About Me (2) Goals (2) My Story (2) New Features and Updates (2) Photo Challenge (2) Prayers for this Blog Family (2) Religious (2) Sandra Kay (2) Schedules (2) cleaning (2) 30 Photos (1) 8 years (1) Baking (1) Before Photo's (1) Blog Awards (1) Blogging about other Blogs (1) Budgeting (1) Chemicals (1) Cookies (1) Day Off (1) Donate (1) Easy Meals (1) Epilepsy (1) Facebook Mama's Group (1) Faith (1) Friday Photo Challenge (1) Friends (1) Friendship (1) Gifts (1) Giving (1) Healthy Eating (1) Homemade (1) I am back (1) Meal Ideas (1) Meals (1) Minivan (1) Money (1) Motivation (1) My Job (1) New Friendships (1) Paper Mama Photo Challenge (1) Pinterest (1) Prayers (1) Pregnancy Progress (1) Reason (1) Recipes (1) Relgion (1) Scentsy Independent Consutlant (1) Shopping (1) Show Us Your Life (1) Sleep (1) Tags (1) The Walking Dead (1) Throw Back Thursday (1) To-The-Top (1) Toxins (1) Vegan (1) Vegetarian (1) Weigh in (1) What I'm Loving Wednesday (1) Workout (1) Your Health (1) after photo's (1) blogging again (1) dehydrator (1) healthy snacks food (1) kids (1) love (1) marriage (1) norwex (1) readers (1) self help tools (1) shakeology (1) snacks (1) stats (1) strawberries (1)