Tuesday, July 16, 2013

French Toast


Do you love to cook? I love to cook! I find cooking as a time to relax & feel at ease. Knowing what I am feeding my family what I am putting into their tummies. Now I will be honest.. I don't always cook 100% honestly.. but I at least its better then fast food or dinning out that is for sure! Today for breakfast I made my famous french toast! I have a few different french toast recipes which all are simple & I am sure I will share them all in time on here but today's french toast is called Mommma's  French Toast :) 

Serces 6 Prep Time 20 minutes

Ingredents:
1/3 cup wheat flour
1/4 cup of truvia baking sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup milk
4 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Shortening
8 to 10 slices of Texas Toast


  1. In a medium-size bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt & cinnamon. Add milk, eggs & vanilla; wisk briskly to remove any lumps of flour.
  2. Grease skillet or frying pan with shortening using a paper towel. Heat skillet over medium heat until a drop of water sizzles when flicked onto skillet.
  3. Dip both sides of the texas toast into the batter breifly. Let some of the batter drip off, then place bread in skillet. I can usually fit two in skillet at a time. Cooked eash side until golden brown on each side, for about 2 minutes or less on first side & 1 minute or less on second side. Repeat with remaing slices. Then Serve.
*Now sometimes if I am a nice momma (which normally I am not) I add some confectioner's sugar. I usually top with fruit like blueberries, strawberries or raspberries or all three but today we are out. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting & leaving me your thoughts

xo Melissa

Labels

Shiloh (91) Pictures (85) Babbling (75) Baby #2 (56) Gabriella (39) Family Life (29) Wordless Wednesday (29) Video (25) 30 Day's of Truth (23) Baby #3 (22) Top 2 Tuesday (20) Flashback Friday (18) Family Fun Days (15) Not Me Monday (14) photography (14) Holiday's (12) SOOC (11) Birthday/Anniversary (10) Blog (10) Decor Ideas (9) A Picture To Remember (8) Life (8) Medical Issues (8) Friday Fives (6) Hair (6) I Heart Thursday's (6) New Years Resolution 2011 (6) Stores I love (6) Crafty Ideas (5) Decor (5) Food (5) Post-It-Note-Tuesday (5) Stream of Consciousness (5) Weight Loss (5) Loss (4) 365 Project (3) Church (3) Domestic Violence (3) Emma (3) Family Photo's (3) Not My Child Monday (3) Organization (3) QOTD (3) Stories of lost loved ones (3) Wish List (3) "OH MOM" Monday (2) ACTS Retreat (2) About (2) About Me (2) Goals (2) My Story (2) New Features and Updates (2) Photo Challenge (2) Prayers for this Blog Family (2) Religious (2) Sandra Kay (2) Schedules (2) cleaning (2) 30 Photos (1) 8 years (1) Baking (1) Before Photo's (1) Blog Awards (1) Blogging about other Blogs (1) Budgeting (1) Chemicals (1) Cookies (1) Day Off (1) Donate (1) Easy Meals (1) Epilepsy (1) Facebook Mama's Group (1) Faith (1) Friday Photo Challenge (1) Friends (1) Friendship (1) Gifts (1) Giving (1) Healthy Eating (1) Homemade (1) I am back (1) Meal Ideas (1) Meals (1) Minivan (1) Money (1) Motivation (1) My Job (1) New Friendships (1) Paper Mama Photo Challenge (1) Pinterest (1) Prayers (1) Pregnancy Progress (1) Reason (1) Recipes (1) Relgion (1) Scentsy Independent Consutlant (1) Shopping (1) Show Us Your Life (1) Sleep (1) Tags (1) The Walking Dead (1) Throw Back Thursday (1) To-The-Top (1) Toxins (1) Vegan (1) Vegetarian (1) Weigh in (1) What I'm Loving Wednesday (1) Workout (1) Your Health (1) after photo's (1) blogging again (1) dehydrator (1) healthy snacks food (1) kids (1) love (1) marriage (1) norwex (1) readers (1) self help tools (1) shakeology (1) snacks (1) stats (1) strawberries (1)