Friday, July 19, 2013

My Home

So one thing I have always loved is finding great deals on things. But what I love even more is finding something old & making it new or just adding some TLC to it to bring it back to life. Since becoming a parent & having our fair share of expensive furniture items. I have honestly come to a point in my life were spending 2K on a new dinning set is just not something I could ever do.. well not right now at least. My kids are little which means messy & I triple the trouble.

We sold a lot of our furniture in our last two moves but have also kept a lot as well. Like my bedroom set.. I can't part with it. Its beautiful & something we take pride in because we bought with my husbands first big bonus check from work. I don't have any recent photos of it but I am sure I will share it here once our room is all put together.

When we moved here to San Antonio we were living with at a family members house while we settled. In that time I started to collect items for our new home. I found a $50 table that was in need of a lot of TLC...


Now it may not appear so bad here but lets just say some glue, nails & paint really did transform this from a table that could have been scrap wood to our now family dinner table. Now if you haven't heard of Annie Sloan Chalk Paint.. you should read about he amazing paint. It makes rehabbing so much easier. No sanding & no wait time. It takes all of 20 minutes to dry & it doesn't have a strong smell. Now I am not 100% sure if it is a green paint but its honestly my favorite paint!


Our After:

I love the after product & the old look & feel it gives. I don't want a table right now that cost me a fortune because my kids will destroy it & leave me with white hair so this is what we have for now & I love it.
Today was another Goodwill treasure find. I am so excited to share what I discovered & bought for just $30.. yes you heard me correctly $30!!! 


Yep all these gems $30!! That's 4 mirrors, 5 picture frames, 2 prints & a Pyrex dish!! I love finding awesome stuff at amazing prices.. honestly who doesn't??
So once my kiddos where down for nap I got my paint out & got to work..


I only used the Annie Sloan Chalk Paint on the mirror not the frame.. I wanted two different colors & all I have in Annie Sloan right now is Old White & Red. So I used some paint I had left over from some other craft projects for the frame. Here is the finished product & our new entry wall.. ((OMG LOVE))


Then with my other frames I finished my wall above our couch. This was a harder project (lots of unneeded holes oops) placing them just right & finally digging up the courage to put my sister in laws picture up (she went to be with our heavenly father with her daughter in October of 2012). I love our wall now its perfect!

I still have lots of stuff to finish in our temporary but long term home. I need to get stuff hung in our room & bathroom & some curtains up but that will happen in time. Also sorry for the grainy photo's my SLR took a turn for the worst & right now I can't justify the funds to fix it so my camera phone will have to do.

Now if you are afraid to buy old items or feel you don't have a crafty bone trust me you may blow yourself away. Just get to the local Goodwill or Thrift Shop or Garage Sale it up seriously there are so many gems to be found! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting & leaving me your thoughts

xo Melissa

Labels

Shiloh (91) Pictures (85) Babbling (75) Baby #2 (56) Gabriella (39) Family Life (29) Wordless Wednesday (29) Video (25) 30 Day's of Truth (23) Baby #3 (22) Top 2 Tuesday (20) Flashback Friday (18) Family Fun Days (15) Not Me Monday (14) photography (14) Holiday's (12) SOOC (11) Birthday/Anniversary (10) Blog (10) Decor Ideas (9) A Picture To Remember (8) Life (8) Medical Issues (8) Friday Fives (6) Hair (6) I Heart Thursday's (6) New Years Resolution 2011 (6) Stores I love (6) Crafty Ideas (5) Decor (5) Food (5) Post-It-Note-Tuesday (5) Stream of Consciousness (5) Weight Loss (5) Loss (4) 365 Project (3) Church (3) Domestic Violence (3) Emma (3) Family Photo's (3) Not My Child Monday (3) Organization (3) QOTD (3) Stories of lost loved ones (3) Wish List (3) "OH MOM" Monday (2) ACTS Retreat (2) About (2) About Me (2) Goals (2) My Story (2) New Features and Updates (2) Photo Challenge (2) Prayers for this Blog Family (2) Religious (2) Sandra Kay (2) Schedules (2) cleaning (2) 30 Photos (1) 8 years (1) Baking (1) Before Photo's (1) Blog Awards (1) Blogging about other Blogs (1) Budgeting (1) Chemicals (1) Cookies (1) Day Off (1) Donate (1) Easy Meals (1) Epilepsy (1) Facebook Mama's Group (1) Faith (1) Friday Photo Challenge (1) Friends (1) Friendship (1) Gifts (1) Giving (1) Healthy Eating (1) Homemade (1) I am back (1) Meal Ideas (1) Meals (1) Minivan (1) Money (1) Motivation (1) My Job (1) New Friendships (1) Paper Mama Photo Challenge (1) Pinterest (1) Prayers (1) Pregnancy Progress (1) Reason (1) Recipes (1) Relgion (1) Scentsy Independent Consutlant (1) Shopping (1) Show Us Your Life (1) Sleep (1) Tags (1) The Walking Dead (1) Throw Back Thursday (1) To-The-Top (1) Toxins (1) Vegan (1) Vegetarian (1) Weigh in (1) What I'm Loving Wednesday (1) Workout (1) Your Health (1) after photo's (1) blogging again (1) dehydrator (1) healthy snacks food (1) kids (1) love (1) marriage (1) norwex (1) readers (1) self help tools (1) shakeology (1) snacks (1) stats (1) strawberries (1)