Wednesday, October 9, 2013

ACTS


Please pray for me. I have a calling to go to this years Women's ACTS Retreat with my church. It's a three day three night Catholic-based retreat presented by fellow parishioners. The purpose is to provide an opportunity for retreatants to develop a deeper relationship with the Lord & fellow parishioners through Adoration and daily prayer; through community in one's parish as a member of the Body of Christ; through Theology or the teaching of our Catholic faith by encouraging more study; and , to instill a virtue of Service to our Lord, our parish and each other.

I feel that this is the time for me to attend. I feel like it will provide healing, acceptance & allow me spiritual growth. I want to take in the experience & feel God's love & Joy. I want to return to my parish with a deeper love for my parish & achieve my desire to become more involved in my parish faith & community.

This Retreat is November 21st- 24th & I am hoping that I find funds to attend. I am going to be contacting my church to see if I can be sponsored because even though its just $165 to attend, those funds are not available to me at this time to afford it at this time. This is only once a year & I pray I can attend & not have to wait until next year.

As most of you know I have been through a huge loss in my life & I need this retreat I feel it will play a huge roll in helping me forgive, heal & find peace with all of this. I feel like this is a huge step for me to leave my children, husband & comfort zone & attend this retreat not knowing anyone. I think it will help me build a stronger relationship with my church, my faith & help me to meet others in need of healing.

Please pray that I get sponsored & that I am able to attend.

ACTS is an acronym for Adoration, Community, Theology & Service. It's these 4 themes that are the focus of the activities during the weekend.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart & lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him; & he will make your path straight." Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting & leaving me your thoughts

xo Melissa

Labels

Shiloh (91) Pictures (85) Babbling (75) Baby #2 (56) Gabriella (39) Family Life (29) Wordless Wednesday (29) Video (25) 30 Day's of Truth (23) Baby #3 (22) Top 2 Tuesday (20) Flashback Friday (18) Family Fun Days (15) Not Me Monday (14) photography (14) Holiday's (12) SOOC (11) Birthday/Anniversary (10) Blog (10) Decor Ideas (9) A Picture To Remember (8) Life (8) Medical Issues (8) Friday Fives (6) Hair (6) I Heart Thursday's (6) New Years Resolution 2011 (6) Stores I love (6) Crafty Ideas (5) Decor (5) Food (5) Post-It-Note-Tuesday (5) Stream of Consciousness (5) Weight Loss (5) Loss (4) 365 Project (3) Church (3) Domestic Violence (3) Emma (3) Family Photo's (3) Not My Child Monday (3) Organization (3) QOTD (3) Stories of lost loved ones (3) Wish List (3) "OH MOM" Monday (2) ACTS Retreat (2) About (2) About Me (2) Goals (2) My Story (2) New Features and Updates (2) Photo Challenge (2) Prayers for this Blog Family (2) Religious (2) Sandra Kay (2) Schedules (2) cleaning (2) 30 Photos (1) 8 years (1) Baking (1) Before Photo's (1) Blog Awards (1) Blogging about other Blogs (1) Budgeting (1) Chemicals (1) Cookies (1) Day Off (1) Donate (1) Easy Meals (1) Epilepsy (1) Facebook Mama's Group (1) Faith (1) Friday Photo Challenge (1) Friends (1) Friendship (1) Gifts (1) Giving (1) Healthy Eating (1) Homemade (1) I am back (1) Meal Ideas (1) Meals (1) Minivan (1) Money (1) Motivation (1) My Job (1) New Friendships (1) Paper Mama Photo Challenge (1) Pinterest (1) Prayers (1) Pregnancy Progress (1) Reason (1) Recipes (1) Relgion (1) Scentsy Independent Consutlant (1) Shopping (1) Show Us Your Life (1) Sleep (1) Tags (1) The Walking Dead (1) Throw Back Thursday (1) To-The-Top (1) Toxins (1) Vegan (1) Vegetarian (1) Weigh in (1) What I'm Loving Wednesday (1) Workout (1) Your Health (1) after photo's (1) blogging again (1) dehydrator (1) healthy snacks food (1) kids (1) love (1) marriage (1) norwex (1) readers (1) self help tools (1) shakeology (1) snacks (1) stats (1) strawberries (1)