Thursday, October 31, 2013

I am Blessed


Last month I started really getting back to my faith. This entire year I have tried to get  back to it.. I felt lost. I felt alone & I felt like I was in this super dark place & that I just needed to find my faith again.

When you lose a loved one(s) so tragically its hard to accept. To deal, to forgive & to understand. For me I lost my faith.. I was angry. I was questioning why God would ever do this.. why would he take such a beautiful life away & her unborn child!

Then we moved to Texas. I started  looking for outlets.. I tried to get back to my sewing, I tried to start up my photography business here, I started drinking more & then I started feeling hopeless often. I felt like if something bad was going to happen it was going to happen to us to our family. In February I found out my dad had liver cancer, in July I found out my Papa (my mom's dad) has Alzheimer's, then the house we were trying to buy fell through, money was so tight I didn't know how we would make ends met, we were homeless & we just asking WHY? when we had lost so much already These illness, the let downs, the financial struggles again placed me/us in this dark place of feeling hopeless. After taking in all this news I told my husband we need to go to church more, we need to find some good in all this. I need to find me again, I need to find my faith again & I need to resort all this hopelessness with my faith & prayer. I decided I was no longer going to take on the challenge of reinventing my photography here in San Antonio, that I wasn't going to force my self to sit down & sew, that I wasn't going to waste more time & money on trying to sell Scentsy & Intitials, I told myself & made a promise to me that I was going to start focusing on what matters most. My family, My self & My faith.

We started going to church every Sunday & I started listening to the message at church. I started talking to him, praying to him & I started feeling this light at the end of this dark tunnel. I started feeling free & good & happy & I was excited, but I wanted more.

I then was asked to go with my sister in law to our churches MOPS group. I was nervous, I was unsure if I would fit in & I was scared. But I told myself its time to try new things, meet new people & to be more involved. So I went. Instantly I felt welcomed, wanted & apart of something special. Everyone was so open to having me there & so friendly.

One of my MOPS group mom's really just embraced me.. has always made it a point to talk with me, to say hello at mass & church activities. I have just felt this huge need to know her.

A few's week's back I started adding some of the mom's from my MOPS group into my Facebook world.. at first I was nervous because to some, I tend to over share on Facebook & maybe I do but like my blog its my outlet.. & its my safe place to say what I am feeling. But I honestly felt like I needed to let them know who I was without having to come out & say.. "Hi I am Melissa, I am a mother of three, wife to an amazing man & I am learning to live again after loss" I mean who says that ha! But I wanted them to know that I joined MOPS & I go every time because it helps me. It makes me feel like there is so much more then sadness & darkness in this life & that there are good people out there. I wanted them to know that I may appear put together but that I was secretly falling apart or at least trying to put myself back together. I didn't realize this fully until a few days ago that I needed people to know me.. the real me & our story.. because what people share & show on social media is most defiantly not the full story most of the time.

At our churches festival she made it a point to come say hello to me, at the moment I felt like WOW she remembers me, & WOW how kind of her to come over & say hello & ask how I was & it made me feel good. Then at church in the nursery she came over again & said hello & introduced herself to my husband. Then earlier this week she reached out to me on Facebook & asked for my number, so she could keep in touch with me. She also sent prayers to me & my family on Tuesday the anniversary of Sandra & Sierra's death & it just meant so much to me.

Then this morning.. I saw a missed call from her.. I listen to her message & her words really stuck to my heart.. "Hi Melissa, I just wanted to visit with you a little bit" I am not sure why but I got choked up. I stepped outside to call her back, she was instantly so friendly & so easy to talk with. She wanted to know more about me, she wanted to share her story & she told me that she has been very drawn to me. She said she has read my post, my blog & felt like she had this calling. She asked me if I was going to the ACTS Retreat this year & I explained that I was suppose to be on the waiting list since it filled up the first week. She said well, I know I told you I have wanted to go for some time but for some reason I don't feel its my time. I am signed up but I feel like I am suppose to give you my place to go & she asked if I would be able to do that. I was speechless. I felt like I was being offered the lottery but it was better then money it was an amazing gift.. It was like a golden ticket to the chocolate factory but in fact it was so much more. I wanted to scream in excitement & cry all at the same time. Her kindness, her loving spirit & her need to help me meant more then any money, meant more then all the chocolate in the world & it was a true blessing & gift.

I am still sitting here in awe over how amazing this woman is. I feel so blessed to be able to know such a giving, caring & loving person. I am still in shock over her kindness, her words & the gift she has offered me. I don't know if there is ever going to be enough to show her how truly grateful I am.

To be able to go on this retreat would be the most amazing thing. To be able to met, grow & learn with other women of my faith, I know will better me as a person, will heal the broken feeling inside, will fulfill all lost hope & will bring me closer to God.

I don't think I have ever been show such kindness from someone I just met. I didn't know that meeting her would bring so much joy to my life. I am forever grateful for her kindness & for showing me that their are true angels here on earth watching over us & who are drawn to us in some way or another. I know that God placed her in my life for great reason & this is just one of those reasons & I can't wait to grow our friendship & to give back to her someday the gift she has given to me. I am forever thankful to this women & I feel so honored to know her.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting & leaving me your thoughts

xo Melissa

Labels

Shiloh (91) Pictures (85) Babbling (75) Baby #2 (56) Gabriella (39) Family Life (29) Wordless Wednesday (29) Video (25) 30 Day's of Truth (23) Baby #3 (22) Top 2 Tuesday (20) Flashback Friday (18) Family Fun Days (15) Not Me Monday (14) photography (14) Holiday's (12) SOOC (11) Birthday/Anniversary (10) Blog (10) Decor Ideas (9) A Picture To Remember (8) Life (8) Medical Issues (8) Friday Fives (6) Hair (6) I Heart Thursday's (6) New Years Resolution 2011 (6) Stores I love (6) Crafty Ideas (5) Decor (5) Food (5) Post-It-Note-Tuesday (5) Stream of Consciousness (5) Weight Loss (5) Loss (4) 365 Project (3) Church (3) Domestic Violence (3) Emma (3) Family Photo's (3) Not My Child Monday (3) Organization (3) QOTD (3) Stories of lost loved ones (3) Wish List (3) "OH MOM" Monday (2) ACTS Retreat (2) About (2) About Me (2) Goals (2) My Story (2) New Features and Updates (2) Photo Challenge (2) Prayers for this Blog Family (2) Religious (2) Sandra Kay (2) Schedules (2) cleaning (2) 30 Photos (1) 8 years (1) Baking (1) Before Photo's (1) Blog Awards (1) Blogging about other Blogs (1) Budgeting (1) Chemicals (1) Cookies (1) Day Off (1) Donate (1) Easy Meals (1) Epilepsy (1) Facebook Mama's Group (1) Faith (1) Friday Photo Challenge (1) Friends (1) Friendship (1) Gifts (1) Giving (1) Healthy Eating (1) Homemade (1) I am back (1) Meal Ideas (1) Meals (1) Minivan (1) Money (1) Motivation (1) My Job (1) New Friendships (1) Paper Mama Photo Challenge (1) Pinterest (1) Prayers (1) Pregnancy Progress (1) Reason (1) Recipes (1) Relgion (1) Scentsy Independent Consutlant (1) Shopping (1) Show Us Your Life (1) Sleep (1) Tags (1) The Walking Dead (1) Throw Back Thursday (1) To-The-Top (1) Toxins (1) Vegan (1) Vegetarian (1) Weigh in (1) What I'm Loving Wednesday (1) Workout (1) Your Health (1) after photo's (1) blogging again (1) dehydrator (1) healthy snacks food (1) kids (1) love (1) marriage (1) norwex (1) readers (1) self help tools (1) shakeology (1) snacks (1) stats (1) strawberries (1)