Monday, May 9, 2016

Process of Illumination

So my kids can consume more stuff then most do in their entire lifetime. It just amazes me. This last month I have slowly been working on getting our home cleared of clutter and organized and a huge part of my home that leaves me feeling like ugh and overwhelmed is the bedrooms. I mean look at my youngest daughters room... would you want to play in here? would you want to even go in here? would you even know where to start to clean it all? that's been my problem and my biggest stress about cleaning.


So I have come to the conclusion that yes "Less is More" and yes its true the less you have the more you appreciate it. So my kids don't need millions of toys and clothing.. they just need a few.. they just need what they will really play with. So I started to toss and make piles of what to donate.
It took me sometime but man does her room look better and seriously I like that everything has a place and isn't just tossed in a toy box or open bins.




My process of illumination was I asked my self these questions:
  1. Do they play with it?
  2. Does it have meaning?
  3. Is it broken?
  4. Is it faded? 
  5. Does it fit?
  6. Would I honestly allow them to wear it in public? (I know it sounds silly but trust me some clothing items are questioned)
Then  I made three piles:
  1. To be given to my nephew and niece (the are younger)
  2. Donate
  3. Toss
After that I bagged them up and then started my organizing. I tried to keep the kids occupied with a movie or craft so they couldn't come in to reclaim items I decided we weren't keeping and that was it. Now this room seem put together clean and inviting.

What do you think? Now to move to the other kids rooms...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting & leaving me your thoughts

xo Melissa

Labels

Shiloh (91) Pictures (85) Babbling (75) Baby #2 (56) Gabriella (39) Family Life (29) Wordless Wednesday (29) Video (25) 30 Day's of Truth (23) Baby #3 (22) Top 2 Tuesday (20) Flashback Friday (18) Family Fun Days (15) Not Me Monday (14) photography (14) Holiday's (12) SOOC (11) Birthday/Anniversary (10) Blog (10) Decor Ideas (9) A Picture To Remember (8) Life (8) Medical Issues (8) Friday Fives (6) Hair (6) I Heart Thursday's (6) New Years Resolution 2011 (6) Stores I love (6) Crafty Ideas (5) Decor (5) Food (5) Post-It-Note-Tuesday (5) Stream of Consciousness (5) Weight Loss (5) Loss (4) 365 Project (3) Church (3) Domestic Violence (3) Emma (3) Family Photo's (3) Not My Child Monday (3) Organization (3) QOTD (3) Stories of lost loved ones (3) Wish List (3) "OH MOM" Monday (2) ACTS Retreat (2) About (2) About Me (2) Goals (2) My Story (2) New Features and Updates (2) Photo Challenge (2) Prayers for this Blog Family (2) Religious (2) Sandra Kay (2) Schedules (2) cleaning (2) 30 Photos (1) 8 years (1) Baking (1) Before Photo's (1) Blog Awards (1) Blogging about other Blogs (1) Budgeting (1) Chemicals (1) Cookies (1) Day Off (1) Donate (1) Easy Meals (1) Epilepsy (1) Facebook Mama's Group (1) Faith (1) Friday Photo Challenge (1) Friends (1) Friendship (1) Gifts (1) Giving (1) Healthy Eating (1) Homemade (1) I am back (1) Meal Ideas (1) Meals (1) Minivan (1) Money (1) Motivation (1) My Job (1) New Friendships (1) Paper Mama Photo Challenge (1) Pinterest (1) Prayers (1) Pregnancy Progress (1) Reason (1) Recipes (1) Relgion (1) Scentsy Independent Consutlant (1) Shopping (1) Show Us Your Life (1) Sleep (1) Tags (1) The Walking Dead (1) Throw Back Thursday (1) To-The-Top (1) Toxins (1) Vegan (1) Vegetarian (1) Weigh in (1) What I'm Loving Wednesday (1) Workout (1) Your Health (1) after photo's (1) blogging again (1) dehydrator (1) healthy snacks food (1) kids (1) love (1) marriage (1) norwex (1) readers (1) self help tools (1) shakeology (1) snacks (1) stats (1) strawberries (1)